Fun Writing Prompts— Is there such a thing as writing for fun?
Why yes, of course, there is! You may be surprised at how much fun you can actually have when you write, yes… just for the fun of it.
In today’s world, filled with computers, smartphones, tablets and other state-of-the-art gadgets, most people do not really pay much attention to the art of writing, especially doing so by long-hand. But, whoever says that writing is a thing of the past is deeply mistaken. Writing is one of the oldest forms of expression, and, although it is changing forms, it is not going away anytime soon.
Below is a fabulous listing of fun writing prompts to get those creative writing juices flowing. Enjoy and keep on writing!
28 Fun Writing Prompts
1. What does it mean to be successful?
2. How does writing make you feel?
3. Write a poem about getting older.
4. What is your favorite sport? Are you good at it?
5. What is the first thing you do each morning?
6. Write about something you love to do.
7. How do you know your parents love you?
8. Who is your favorite singer? What do you like about him or her?
9. Write about your first memory of going to the doctor.
10. Write a poem about writing poems.
11. Would you rather read or write? Is one more relaxing than the other?
12. Write about a lesson that you had to learn the hard way.
13. Write about something that you have in common with your other classmates.
14. What is your best subject in school? What do you like about it?
15. Would you rather visit the moon or the sun? What would you do there?
16. Write a poem about vacations.
17. What is something interesting that no one knows about you?
18. Why is it so important to help other people in need?
19. Would you rather finish a project early or do it at the last minute? Why?
20. If you had three months left to live, what would you do?
21. If you could be a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be? Why?
22. What is the hardest thing about being a kid?
23. Would you rather be tall or short? Why?
24. What is the greatest challenge facing people in our world today?
25. What is the scariest experience you’ve ever had?
26. Write a poem about music.
27. Write about a favorite memory of something you did with your best friend.
28. What is your favorite game to play? What do you like about it?
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed this list of fun writing prompts,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator