Let’s Journal: It’s a New Year—
The New Year is a great time for anyone, young or old, to start (or continue) journaling. There is so much you can learn about yourself through journal writing and the benefits of it are well known.
Below is a listing of 25 fun, new journal topics for kids. We hope these ideas inspire some insights and A-ha’s or spark some imaginative new stories.
Here’s to a wonderful New Year filled with much goodness, joy, love, and writing!
25 Fun Topics for Kids Writing Inspiration
- Write a letter to your ____ grade teacher. Tell him/her about yourself and what you’d like to accomplish in the New Year.
- I hope to learn about____ this year because…
- Which place would you most like to visit–Africa, China, Alaska–why?
- Tell five things you’d like to do on your next birthday.
- Imagine a friend of yours is considering doing something really bad. What would you tell that friend to persuade him or her not to do that?
- In 20 years, I will be…
- Tell about an event in your life that has caused a change in you.
- I was most angry when…
- Describe your perfect vacation.
- My worst mistake was…
- If you and your best friend could have a free limo for 24 hours, where would you go and what would you do?
- You have the freedom to travel to any city or country in the world. Where would you go and why?
- I love learning about…
- Saturday mornings are great for…
- My favorite subject is___ because…
- Kids like me because_____
- If you were principal of this school, what would you do?
- If you were a mouse in your house in the evening, what would you see your family doing?
- What do you like about where you live?
- Apples are fun to eat. List things that you can do with apples.
- If I could go around planting a fruit it would be… Tell me why.
- As the clock struck twelve…
- If I could fly…
- There were three __________ (ghosts, monsters, wild animals…) and they….
- Write down an acrostic poem about New Years Day.
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Fun Topics for Kids Writing Inspiration,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator