Writing is fun! It’s even more fun when you have fabulous writing ideas to help you along in your creative process. I hope you and your kids are writing on a regular — even daily — basis. Why? Here’s why!
Daily diary writing (or journaling) has many fabulous benefits. There are health benefits, skill-building benefits, and self-improvement benefits. Here are the top five benefits to writing in a diary or journal.
Writing Helps Kids to:
- Clarify their thoughts and feelings
- Know themselves better
- Reduce stress
- Solve problems more effectively
- Resolve disagreements with others
Now you agree that those are some fabulous benefits to writing, journaling and diary keeping, right? I thought so. 🙂
Below, you will discover an incredible listing of writing ideas for kids to inspire their diary or journal writing efforts. On this list of writing ideas, there are prompts that are sentences that need to be completed, questions to respond to, and thoughts to ponder and explore.
Encourage kids to enjoy and write their heart out in their personal diary or journal. Most of all… tell them to have loads of fun on their writing adventures!!!
33 Writing Ideas for Kids
- I am very proud because…
- If I were President I would…
- Why is the president so important?
- I am afraid to…
- Name on thing you do really well?
- What is your favorite room in your home and why?
- Describe what it means to be a good neighbor?
- What is your favorite time of day?
- Describe your best day ever?
- How do you deal with people who bug you?
- What excites you?
- Describe your favorite hobby.
- What is your favorite quote by a famous person?
- What is your favorite song and why?
- Climbing trees is…
- I wish trees could….. because….
- I want to be a ________ when I grow up. Then I will….
- I wish there were a law that said…..
- I wish I could forget the time I ….. because….
- I wish I could do…… because…..
- Older people are…
- Younger people are…
- The perfect place in the whole wide world is…
- What makes you feel sad?
- What can you do to help you feel better when you’re feeling blue?
- Name your favorite book and why?
- Walking in the rain is…
- I am proud of myself because…
- What I know about rabbits is that…
- If I were an Easter egg…
- For lunch today…
- If I were a raindrop I’d…
- Pretend that you can fly whenever you wanted. Where would you go?
Check out the 1000+ other writing ideas we have to offer you here on our fabulous writing resources site. More writing ideas are all the time!
Until next time, write on…