Global Forgiveness Day Journal Writing Prompts for Kids — Forgiveness can be a difficult practice for many people, as it is all too easy to stew over negative feelings and to remember the wrongs committed against us. That’s why people across the world will take part in a Global Forgiveness Day celebration on July 7th. This important day calls for people to let go of their grievances and to accept others through love.
With these 56 journal prompts, you can encourage students to take part in the healing power of forgiveness.
Journaling offers students a doorway into understanding a tough concept like forgiveness. In these journal exercises, students will consider what it means to forgive and the difference between sincere and insincere apologies. They’ll also have the chance to think about who they need to forgive and who they might need to ask for forgiveness.
Writing gives students a safe space to think about these heavy and emotional topics in a manner that is productive and conducive to their growth. Global Forgiveness Day is an important opportunity to promote love and acceptance in the world. Help students take part in the celebration of forgiveness with these new journal prompts!
Journal Prompts about Global Forgiveness
- What would the world be like with more forgiveness?
- Who do you need to forgive?
- How does forgiveness impact world politics?
- Why is it important to be understanding of differences in order to forgive?
- Do you think you can make a forgiveness resolution?
- How does forgiveness promote peace?
- What does it mean to really forgive?
- How can you forgive yourself?
- Why is forgiving hard?
- Write a poem about the struggle of forgiveness.
- How can others benefit from receiving your forgiveness?
- Is forgiveness difficult for you or does it come naturally?
- There are multiple celebrations during the year for forgiveness. How can this help the world?
- Why is forgiveness important?
- How does forgiveness make you feel?
- Do you know someone who has trouble apologizing? Why do you think this is?
- How do you accept apologies?
- Why should people forgive?
- Write a story about a forgiveness tree.
- What can make forgiveness easier?
- Is there someone who you wish would forgive you?
- How can you encourage others to forgive?
- How do you know when you’ve truly forgiven someone?
- Why is it bad to hold onto grudges?
- How does forgiveness make you stronger?
- Have you ever received an insincere apology? How did it make you feel?
- How does it feel to be forgiven?
- What will you do on this Global Forgiveness Day?
- Does forgiveness have an impact on the world?
- Why do some people ignore the power of forgiveness?
- Who is a good example of a forgiving person?
- How do you let people know when you’ve forgiven them?
- Is everyone capable of forgiveness?
- What can forgiveness do to further a cause of tolerance?
- Write a poem about the feeling of being forgiven.
- How can you promote forgiveness while still being aware of how you are treated?
- How can you practice forgiveness in your daily life?
- How do you feel when you apologize to someone?
- Are there some things that are unforgivable, or can you always find the love to forgive?
- How does it feel to hold onto things instead of forgiving the other person?
- How can you celebrate forgiveness?
- Write a story that shows the negative effects of refusing to forgive.
- What does forgiveness look like?
- Who have you learned about forgiveness from?
- What is the difference between a sincere and an insincere apology?
- How can you teach forgiveness by example?
- What are some good ways to apologize sincerely?
- Are some people more difficult to forgive than others? Why is this?
- Is there anyone you need to ask for forgiveness?
- How can I promote forgiveness on a large scale?
- How do you show someone that you’re sorry and deserve forgiveness?
- Write a story where someone finds new happiness through forgiveness.
- Are there groups of people who need forgiveness?
- What are the benefits you receive from forgiveness?
- Is it hard to ask for forgiveness?
- Why is it important for forgiveness to be a global cause?
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Journal Prompts about Global Forgiveness,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator