Writing Ideas for kids— After spending the month of June trying new things and testing their own limits, students will love the chance to think about the future and all of the new experiences it might bring.
In these new prompts, students will image all of the changes in technology and life that await us over the next decade and coming centuries. From considering the reality of flying cars to the potential of computers with personalities, kids can get creative and dare to dream about the possibilities ahead.
Journaling is an important way for students to get in touch with their own thoughts and emotions. As students journal about the future, they’ll begin to examine the amazing world that we live in a little more closely—as well as the potential for greater things that lies ahead. Thinking about future possibilities in the world can be exciting for students, but it will also inspire many kids to look ahead to their own futures. Developing ideas of what their future lives will look like enables kids to plan and set goals for themselves.
Use these fun journal prompts to inspire creativity and new aspirations in your students today!
31 New Writing Prompts for Kids
- If you had the chance to see what your life would be like in 20 years, would you take it? Why or why not?
- What will computers of the future look like?
- What do you think the world will be like in 2313?
- What will people of the future think of our world when they look back at 2013?
- In the future, will we be able to read people’s minds?
- In the future, will there be anything you can’t do online? How is this different than the world today?
- If you could travel to the moon, would you go? Why or why not?
- What would it be like to have a robot that could take care of your chores and schoolwork?
- What would it be like to teleport places?
- Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
- How will kids of the future go to school—in classrooms or online? What are the benefits of each option?
- In the future, do you think we will have flying cars? What would they look like? How would they work?
- What would it be like to take a pill for nutrition instead of eating? Which would you prefer?
- Do you think it is okay to clone people or animals? Why or why not?
- How will the Internet change in the next 30 years?
- What would you do if you had a way to remember everything? How would you use this ability?
- What technological advances impress you most?
- Do you think people will ever live on Mars?
- What would do if you met a Martian? What would you tell the Martian about Earth?
- What will cell phones look like in 20 years?
- How will your life change as you get older?
- By the time you’re an adult, what new advances in technology do you think you will see?
- What would you print if you had a 3D printer?
- If you could travel anywhere with a time machine, where would you go?
- How will people communicate with others in 50 years?
- What would it be like to interact with the characters in movies and video games?
- How quickly will we travel in the future?
- What will cars look like when you are old enough to drive?
- Do you think people’s dreams will change in the future? How so?
- How does technology affect jobs? Will there be more or less jobs needed?
- In the future, will computers have personalities?
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these July Writing Prompts,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator