Journaling Benefits and Inspirations + 16 Great Writing Ideas
Journaling has many fabulous benefits for kids and adults alike. Indeed, journal keeping benefits you, your kids, your students, loved ones… because it helps to:
• Clarify thoughts and feelings
• Reduce stress
• Solve problems more effectively
• Resolve disagreements with others
(Read more about journal keeping benefits at:
The Health Benefits of Journaling)
Of course there are many more benefits of journal keeping, but these are four of the best!
Journaling can help you to work out problems on paper, create new ideas, and work through feelings and emotions in a constructive way. It also provides an outlet to experiment creatively with your writing style and to develop a process of healthy, daily reflections.
Using journal prompts is a great way to spark the imagination and to write about topics and ideas that you may not have written about otherwise. Fresh journaling prompts are always a great inspiration. We’ve put together a list of sixteen great journal starters below. Enjoy, savor and journal until your heart’s content!
Journaling Ideas and Prompts to Inspire Your Writing
- If I wake up tomorrow and everything has changed for the better, what will have changed?
- What would you do if you were in the middle of the lake and your boat springs a leak?
- What would you do if you suddenly woke up in another country and no one could understand a word you said!
- What would you do if you ruled the world?
- Write a poem about your favorite person, animal, or place.
- What is your dream vacation?
- Pretend that you can fly whenever you wanted. Where would you go?
- Pretend that there is no such thing as television, Internet, or video games. What do you do with all your time?
- My favorite stuffed animal or toy is…
- Imagine if cows gave green juice instead of milk! What would the world look like?
- What is your favorite song and why?
- Climbing trees is…
- I wish trees could ___________ because….
- I want to be a ________ when I grow up. Then I will….
- I wish there were a law that said…..
- I wish I could forget the time I ___________ because….
One More Journaling Benefit | Journal Keeping Promotes Understanding
Why do we become more interested in the things we work toward understanding? First of all when we work toward anything it requires our personal involvement, and when we become involved in anything on any level we are making a personal investment. It is this investment of time, energy, and effort that stimulates us to want to understand more. Journaling is a form of that kind of involvement; an involvement on a personal level.
This level of personal involvement in our own development is another fabulous benefit of journaling. I think this is exciting and hope you do too!
Until next time, journal on …