Use theses National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month writing ideas today! Between baking, shopping, and decorating, the holidays are a hectic time for many families. Though most of these responsibilities might fall to parents, kids often still feel the stress. Unfortunately, when people feel pressured, they can lose sight of the true meaning of the season.
With these 52 new journal prompts about National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month, students will be introduced to the idea and asked to reflect on the ways in which the holiday could help their families.
Some writing prompts ask students to think about what is really important during the holidays, while others help them figure out ways to eliminates stress from their parents’ lives. As they journal and brainstorm ideas, kids will come up with creative solutions to tough problems.
Participating in National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month can make the season more enjoyable for everyone. Parents and students alike will benefit by slowing down and savoring the holiday spirit.
National Stress-Free Family Holidays
Writing Prompt Ideas
Writing Prompts: National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month— Look at this fabulous list of 52 ideas to help kids, families and educators (and everyone else!) reduce holiday tension. Take action today to alleviate the pressures of the season and make the holidays more enjoyable for everyone. By focusing on a few key aspects of the celebration and letting go of other expectations, families can enjoy their time together and take a break from the to-do lists.
- Do you ever see your parents (or other loved ones) getting stressed during the holidays?
- How can you help others during a stressful time of year?
- How does stress take away from the meaning of the holidays?
- How will you remind your parents to relax this season?
- How many families could benefit from National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month?
- What is the best gift you could give your parents while they get ready for Christmas?
- What are the most important aspects of the holidays to you?
- What will be the best thing about enjoying a stress-free season?
- How do you like to spend time during the holidays?
- Do you feel like there’s too much to do during the holidays?
- Are there other times of year that are especially stressful? Why are the holidays stressful?
- Write a poem about the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
- How are the holidays portrayed on television and in the movies?
- What are the most important things to do during the holidays?
- What is National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month all about?
- What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
- Write a poem about a “perfect Christmas.”
- Why does stress take away from the season?
- What does a “perfect Christmas” look like?
- What do your parents think a “perfect Christmas” should look like?
- What kinds of things do your parents do to prepare for the holidays?
- Imagine the different kinds of pressures your parents have. How would you cope with them?
- Write a story about a stress-free holiday celebration.
- How can you keep the spirit of National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month alive all year?
- Do you ever get stressed during the holidays?
- How do your parents divide holiday chores?
- Why is planning important to reducing stress especially during the holidays?
- How can you tell your parents about National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month?
- Which values will you focus on this season?
- Which things about the season are unimportant? Will your parents agree?
- How can your family support one another this season?
- What is the best way to promote the causes of National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month?
- How do you think you will feel after a stress-free season?
- Will National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month work for your family?
- What holiday chores do you help your parents with?
- What else could you do to help out more?
- Why do people get stressed during the holidays?
- What are some good ground rules your family could adopt for the holiday season?
- Do you think National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month is a good idea?
- Think of a new tradition that promotes togetherness. How could your family celebrate it?
- How could our class use the principles of a Stress-Free Family Holiday to help parents?
- Are there any unnecessary tasks that could be cut out?
- Do you have other family members who can help with the holiday duties?
- How does it feel to be stressed during the holiday season?
- Is it hard to let go of expectations when there are so many things to do?
- Write a story about your ideal holiday season.
- How can your family celebrate a Stress-Free Family Holiday together?
- Why is it important to have a month dedicated to making the holidays stress-free?
- Do your parents ever complain about being too busy?
- Who else do you know that could benefit from reducing stress during the holidays?
- How will your parents react to the idea of National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month?
- Do people sometimes forget the meaning of Christmas?
Holiday Stress Relief Resources
- Beating Holiday Stress (WebMD)
- How to Handle Holiday Stress (AllOne Health)
- Why are the Holidays So Stressful (US News)
- Holiday Stress Statistics
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Writing Prompts for National Stress-Free Family Holiday Month,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator