My passion is sharing fabulous journaling ideas, creative writing prompts, and fun topics with parents, kids, teachers, and students. Currently, there are over 8,000 writing ideas and journal prompts on my site and there are LOADS more to come so stay tuned and check back often. More recently, I made a video about 25 Innovative Journaling Ideas for Kids. Here it is. Take a look! There will be more videos like this in the coming months as well so keep an eye out for those.
Writing Prompts by Grade is Just One Fabulous Feature of JournalBuddies.com
Below you see fun graphics which are linked to some of the most popular journal prompts and writing ideas by grade level available on JournalBuddies.com. Here is the link to the archive of all journaling prompts and ideas to write about especially for students.
Journaling, Writing Ideas, Journal Prompts & Creative Writing Resources
Why am I so dedicated to this site and to offering teachers, kids, parents and educators quality writing, journaling keeping and creative expression information free of charge? Because I know that journaling and creative self-expression helps children to feel more empowered. And, being empowered leads to better choices, better outcomes in life and greater happiness and success.
I am so glad you found my writing ideas blog and hope you enjoy the information on journalbuddies.com. I want to share my mission for my blog with you. It is:
“To offer parents and teachers the free resources they need
to empower kids to connect, communicate and celebrate through
experiential, hands-on journaling and creative expression.”
Thanks for visiting my journaling and creative writing resources site and happy journal keeping to all… Take a look around, enjoy, visit our site often, and keep on writing!
Owner and Creator of JournalBuddies.com
Below is a small sampling of writing prompts from my blog for you to check out. And here is a 48 page listing of writing prompts on journalbuddies.com There is also a search function in the sidebar to the left and at the top right of the page. So go ahead and explore, enjoy, and, above all, write on!
13 Topics for Writing
- Write about a great female role model. Why is she inspirational?
- Write a scary story.
- Write about a time when you had to make a tough choice. How did you decide what to do?
- Write about a time when you were entrusted with a secret.
- Write a letter to a person who has inspired you. What would you like to say to him or her?
- How would you describe yourself?
- If you could get rid of any one chore or responsibility you have, which would you choose? Why?
- Write about a time when you couldn’t stop laughing.
- If you could have an extra sense, what would it be? Why?
- Do you believe in magic? Why or why not?
- What makes you feel safe when you are scared?
- Would you rather live in the city or in the country? Why?
- If you were a teacher, what subject, class, and grade would you teach?
See the full list of 30 Topics for Writing Ideas Here
List of 22 Creative Writing Prompts for Kids
- Imagine that you are stuck inside a TV. What will you do? What shows would you visit?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- Would you rather be an animal or a toy?
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned in school?
- If you invented a celebration dance, what would it be called? What would it look like?
- Do you want to get married someday? Why or why not?
- What does it mean to be an optimist?
- Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?
- If you designed a video game, what would it be called?
- What is an issue that our world needs to work on?
- What is the last movie you saw in a theater?
- If you could learn any language, which one would you choose?
- What is your birthstone? Does it represent your personality well?
- What are three things that you could never live without?
- What is your favorite food?
- Who is your favorite actor?
- Which type of natural disaster is the scariest?
- Would you rather be really big or really tiny?
- Do you think you’ll go to college someday? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite thing to do on vacation?
- If your pet could talk, what would he or she say?
- Do you ever donate money to people in need?
See the full list of 65 Creative Writing Prompts for Kids Here
17 Fun Writing Prompts
- How do you know your parents love you?
- Who is your favorite singer? What do you like about him or her?
- Write about your first memory of going to the doctor.
- Write a poem about writing poems.
- Write a poem about vacations.
- What is something interesting that no one knows about you?
- Why is it so important to help other people in need?
- Would you rather finish a project early or do it at the last minute? Why?
- If you had three months left to live, what would you do?
- If you could be a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be? Why?
- What is the hardest thing about being a kid?
- Would you rather be tall or short? Why?
- What is the greatest challenge facing people in our world today?
- What is the scariest experience you’ve ever had?
- Write a poem about music.
- Write about a favorite memory of something you did with your best friend.
- What is your favorite game to play? What do you like about it?
See the full list of 28 Fun Writing Prompts Here