Nutrition Topics to Write About— These writing ideas and journaling prompts have a dual purpose. First, they offer productive beginnings for journal entries, research papers, or classroom assignments. Second, these good nutrition topics may also be used to help celebrate Good Nutrition Month (March). Bonus! You’ll find 17 MORE interesting nutrition topics in this blog post as well.. Oh yeah.
Just as students need balanced diets to keep their bodies healthy, they also need to study a full range of subjects in order to improve their minds. And our list of nutrition topics to write about encourages students to do just that.
Through exploring specific ways to improve their diets, the food and nutrition-focused prompts below encourage students to think about and consider the importance of eating healthily and how doing — or not doing so — affects one’s health and wellness.
Questions about vegetarianism challenge students to think about alternative ways of eating, while prompts about family eating habits allow them to consider making dietary changes.
Journaling is a beneficial practice for both young and old students, as it provides them with a healthy outlet for thoughts and emotions that might otherwise go unexpressed.
Best of all…
A student’s journal is a safe place for them to explore ideas and articulate thoughts without judgment.
So get to it and help your students learn about healthy eating through a balanced diet of daily journal prompts. I know you’ll be glad you did.
53 Nutrition Topics to Write About
During Good Nutrition Month — or any time of the year — encourage your students to explore what it means to eat healthy, nutritious foods.
- Why do we need to have balanced diets?
- How will eating healthily now affect your body in the future?
- What do you think of when you think about healthy foods?
- How will you celebrate Good Nutrition Month?
- Is there anything about nutrition that you would like to learn more about?
- How could you eat more healthily?
- Why do our bodies need nutrition?
- How can people with little access to food be properly nourished?
- Do you ever cook with your family?
- Describe a day of your normal meals.
- How do you feel after eating a healthy meal?
- If you could make your own balanced diet, what would it include?
- What is your favorite healthy food?
- If you were a fruit, which one would you be?
- How much water do you drink each day?
- How do you feel when you think of animals as food?
- Do you prefer fruit or vegetables? Why?
- Could you ever be a vegetarian?
- How does a person’s diet affect his or her overall health?
- What is your favorite food group?
- Are diet and exercise both important? Is one more important than the other?
- Does your family have any special dietary rules?
- What are some of your favorite healthy snacks?
- Do you have a balanced diet?
- Write a poem about the food groups.
- What tips for healthy eating would you give to someone interested in changing his or her diet?
- When is it okay to have treats?
- How often do you eat during the day?
- Record everything you eat for a week. What do you notice about your eating habits?
- Are there any foods you eat just because they are healthy?
- How does nutrition influence wellness?
- Do you eat until you’re full or until your plate is clear?
- Should anything in your normal diet change?
- What do you do when you encounter foods you don’t like?
- Do you get to choose what you eat, or do your parents determine your meals?
- What do you think of the food pyramid?
- How can you encourage your family to honor Good Nutrition Month?
- If you had to eat fruit or vegetables every day for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- How can you inject more color into your diet?
- Write a poem about the importance of eating healthily.
- Why doesn’t junk food grow on trees?
- Would you rather be a vegetarian or a vegan?
- What is your favorite meal?
- How often do you eat meat?
- How do you feel when you eat too many sweets?
- How do Americans eat differently than people in other countries?
- Why is hydration important?
- Does your family eat meals together?
- Why are processed foods unhealthy?
- Do you know of any alternate ways to get nutrients?
- Why do you want to eat healthily?
- What are five ways you could improve your overall diet?
- What have you learned from Good Nutrition Month?
I hope you enjoyed this list of nutrition topics to write about.
Check out these…
Related Writing Resources about Health
- 51 Physical Education Writing Prompts for Students
- 19 Creative Writing Food Prompts for Kids
- 60 Wonderful Wellness Journal Prompts
- Journaling for Healthy Weight Loss
17 More Interesting Nutrition Topics
Now, in addition to the excellent nutrition topics to write about listed above, check out this list of topic ideas. They make great nutrition essay topics or nutrition research topics. However you use them, one thing is for certain; you’ll learn much more about the vital role of nutrition in every day life.
Ok, without further ado, here are those good nutrition topics for your next writing assignment.
- A high body mass index (BMI) and defining over weight and/or obesity
- The best foods for weight loss according to dietitians
- How dehydration relates to vitamins and minerals
- Protein-Carbohydrates-Fat ratios in terms of the dietary guidelines for a keto diet
- Health benefits of organic foods
- Major causes of of childhood obesity
- Nutritional problems caused by poor eating habits and how to remedy it
- Myths about eating disorders
- What foods are known to cause chronic diseases?
- Vitamin d deficiency — symptoms and solutions
- Pros and cons of dietary supplements for:
- Muscle gain
- Gut health
- Heart health
- Common health issues from poor nutrition
- Food allergy symptoms and suggested nutritional solutions
- Vegan diet for weight loss
- The health benefits of homemade food
- Hunger and anxiety
- Dietary changes for celiac disease
I hope these ideas have been helpful to you and your writers. Oh, and these writing topics also make very good nutrition research paper topics for high school and/or college students.
Ok, that’s all for today.
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Nutrition Topics to Write About,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator