Discover some wonderful journal prompts for self-love. Yes, self-love is a journey. It can take time to learn to love every part of who you are. This journey can be especially challenging if you have a habit of negative self-talk and belittling how great you are.
To help, consider implementing daily affirmations and self-love journal prompts into your routine. Daily affirmations are designed to be read out loud throughout the day. By saying them, you are willing them into existence. If you say them enough, you may start to believe them and shift your mindset towards one of self-love.
Pairing these affirmations with journal prompts can help you explore what it is that’s getting in the way of loving yourself. There are many aspects of self-love, from learning body positivity to focusing on your self-esteem. Exploring each topic by journaling can help you release the negative thoughts and refocus on positive ones.
Once you’ve chosen daily affirmations, you can get started journaling. Below are some self-love journal prompts to help your journey toward self-love.
12 Self-Love Journal Prompts
Take a look at this fabulous list of journal prompts for self love.
- List 5 opportunities you’ve been given. Then list 5 opportunities you hope to get in the upcoming weeks.
- Name one thing you learned today. How will this help you view the world differently tomorrow?
- What are the 3 most memorable experiences you’ve had in your body?
- Identify others who you have let define your worth. How can you change your thinking to stop this negative habit?
- Describe an instance where you’ve overcome a challenge.
- List 3 times you’ve asked for help. What did you learn from these experiences?
- What is an action you judged yourself for this past week? How did this influence how you moved forward?
- Describe an instance where you let go of something that wasn’t serving you. How did it make you feel?
- List ten things you love about yourself. How will these help you show love towards others?
- Take a love language quiz. Write down your love language and examples of how you show and accept love.
- List 3 negative thoughts throughout the day. Write down alternate versions that are more positive.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes. During this time, write down everything you’re grateful for today.
So go for it and read through their affirmations to find one that resonates the most with you. Then find a journal prompt that will help you explore the topic. There are endless ways to use these topics to guide your journey of self-love.
More Self Love Resources
- Journaling for self-care (includes printables)
- 40 Confidence and self-esteem prompts
- 5 Journaling Ideas for self-reflection and discovery
Hopefully, you found these self-love journal prompts and resources helpful, and we wish you all the best on your journey of self-love. It’s well worth it!
Below is an article that was first published on our blog in July of 2011. There’s some good information here and it relates to self love but for a different perspective… this time through the lens of self-confidence. Take a read and enjoy!
Self Confidence is a form of Self Love
Why self confidence is an Important Trait to Possess
Self confidence is one of the most important traits a person can have as it reflects a belief in one’s abilities, talents, gifts, and strengths. When one has this trait she holds herself in high regard and, more often than not, self-confidence is something that is found in successful, happy individuals who love themselves very much.
Having low self-confidence can become a hindrance to one’s happiness and negative behavior towards self can be something that will cause problems for a person in the future. (Usually, people that have a problem interacting positively with others are the ones that are not able to excel in school or thrive in their careers.)
Self Confidence Benefits
People with self confidence trust themselves and their abilities. They can expand their repertoire of skills and knowledge because they trust that they can accomplish the tasks that they are given. They are focused and determined to succeed, are usually people that can learn from past mistakes and are able to use these experiences to their advantage.
People with self-confidence and -love know that making a mistake is part of growing, and failing does not really make them a failure as a person. They are capable of analyzing the cause of a failure and are able to avoid these traps and pitfalls in the future.
Self-confidence is a good trait to have simply because people who have this trait know that they can survive any problem that they are facing at the moment.
For people with low self-esteem, fear usually takes over them and it stops them from growing and accomplishing the tasks that they need to do in order to become successful. Guilt is also a common trait for people who have low self esteem. One of the biggest problems with guilt is that it inhibits a person’s ability to move on from failures and mistakes that they have committed. Finally, self-loathing can develop if one isn’t careful to improve their sense of self-confidence, love, and approval.
People who wish to boost their confidence levels often look for ways to get help. Some choose to see therapists for advice and or to attend counseling sessions to improve their confidence over time.
In fact, there are actually plenty of counseling theories that are being used by therapists and one of the most common ones is the cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). With CBT, you aim to notice your negative thoughts so that you can replace them with more helpful ones. The bottom line with CBT is that self-talk matters.
For those whose lack of self-confidence is mild or temporary, journal keeping is a fabulous tool to improve self-esteem, -confidence, and -love easily and effectively. It’s easy, simple, and accessible to people of any age, any income level, or any writing skill level.
Until next time, be kind and write on…
If you enjoyed these Journal Prompts for Self Love,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator