World Teachers Day Writing Prompts — Help celebrate World Teacher day this October with these 57 new journal prompts.
When students journal, they develop a deeper understanding of the subject, and they come up with creative new ways of expressing their feelings. Through journaling, students can channel their gratitude and respect for teachers in an environment that is conducive to reflection. As students think about the lessons they’ve learned from their own teachers, they’ll develop a further appreciation for these important figures.
Whether students are learning to read or to solve algebraic equations, teachers enable them to learn. When a student has a question or needs a little extra encouragement, a teacher is there with a solution and a kind word. Of course, teachers give far more than lessons and motivation. Teachers instill lifelong values and skills in their students, providing them with tools that will serve them throughout their entire lives. Textbooks and classrooms are important, but it is through teachers that students truly learn.
On World Teacher Day, take the time to celebrate teachers everywhere. Ultimately, it doesn’t matter whether or not a teacher has a classroom—he or she only needs to have a strong desire to help others learn.
57 World Teachers Day Writing Prompts
- Why do teachers teach?
- Would you ever want to be a teacher?
- Who is the best teacher you’ve ever had?
- What teachers at our school are good leaders?
- Does a person need a classroom to be a teacher?
- What do you think the hardest thing about teaching is?
- Do you think men and women are equally capable of being good teachers?
- Write about a time when you felt proud because of something your teacher said.
- What makes a good teacher?
- What standards should teachers be held to?
- How can we encourage more people to teach?
- Write about why teachers are important across the world.
- If you were a teacher, what subject would you teach?
- Have you ever been scared of meeting a new teacher?
- Write about your first teacher. What do you remember about him or her?
- What would you do if you were the teacher?
- Have you ever learned something from an unexpected teacher?
- Is there a teacher you would like to thank?
- Why is it beneficial to have different kinds of teachers?
- What is the most important thing that teachers do?
- What is a teacher’s life like outside of school?
- How can we honor teachers?
- What is the best lesson you’ve ever learned from a teacher?
- What would be the best thing about being a teacher?
- Write a poem about the meaning of teaching.
- Who was your least favorite teacher, and why?
- Could school exist without teachers?
- Why is education so important?
- Write a story about a teacher’s first day at school.
- List five qualities a teacher should have, and write about why they are important.
- What have you learned from your teachers?
- Can you picture your teacher as a student?
- How do you feel when a teacher compliments you?
- How do you feel when a teacher scolds you?
- If you were a teacher, would you teach grade school, high school, or college? Why?
- What would you do if your mom or dad was your teacher?
- Write a poem for your teacher.
- Do you think teachers really live at school?
- Why do teachers give homework?
- How can teachers promote gender equality in the classroom?
- Why do you think teachers like to teach?
- How do you think teachers differ across the world?
- Why is teaching important?
- What do we learn from teachers about giving to others?
- Write a letter thanking your teacher for something specific you’ve learned this year.
- Write a short story about a scary teacher.
- Do you think that teachers are compensated and appreciated enough?
- How can you teach others?
- Why do teachers need so much training?
- How can you be a better student?
- Do you think teachers are ever scared of their lessons?
- What would the world be like without teachers?
- If you were a teacher, what would be your favorite part of the day?
- What does it mean to be a teacher?
- What are a teacher’s responsibilities?
- Write a story about a kid described as a teacher.
- What is a teacher’s ultimate goal?
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Writing Prompts for World Teacher’s Day,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator