Welcome To The Wonderful World of Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 1/3) Journal writing is our very favorite activity and we hope it’s a favorite of yours, too. Our love for writing is so big that we decided to create a three-part series of journal prompts for middle school kids.
It’s very exciting in this wonderful world of journal writing prompts because kids will find so many ideas to choose from to write about in their journals. Before we get on with our first list of 78 prompts, do you know about the fabulous benefits of journaling?
Check this out! Journaling can help you:
- Clarify your thoughts and feelings
- Know yourself better
- Reduce stress
- Solve problems more effectively
- Resolve disagreements with others
Enjoy and write and your heart out in your journal. But most of all… have loads of fun on your journal writing adventure!!!
78 Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 1)
- I am very proud because…
- If I were President I would…
- Why is the president so important?
- I am afraid to…
- Name one thing you do really well?
- What is your favorite room in your home and why?
- Describe what it means to be a good neighbor?
- What is your favorite time of day?
- Describe your best day ever?
- How do you deal with people who bug you?
- What excites you?
- Describe your favorite hobby.
- What is your favorite quote by a famous person?
- What is your favorite song and why?
- Climbing trees is…
- I wish trees could….. because….
- I want to be a ________ when I grow up. Then I will….
- I wish there were a law that said…..
- I wish I could forget the time I ….. because….
- I wish I could do…… because…..
- Older people are…
- Younger people are…
- The perfect place in the whole wide world is…
- What makes you feel sad?
- What can you do to help you feel better when you’re feeling blue?
- Name your favorite book and why?
- Walking in the rain is…
- I am proud of myself because…
- What I know about rabbits is that…
- If I were an Easter egg…
- For lunch today…
- If I were a raindrop I’d…
- Pretend that you can fly whenever you wanted. Where would you go?
- Pretend that there is no such thing as television. What do you do with all your time?
- I am always kind to…
- My favorite stuffed animal or toy is…
- Imagine if cows gave pop instead of milk! What would the world look like??
- Imagine that all the streets are rivers? How do you get around?
- What would happen if it really did rain cats and dogs?
- Use descriptive words like amazing, incredible, outrageous, super-fun or mind-blowing in your journal entry.
- If I could choose a different name, I would choose…
- Let’s go _______________. Describe your adventure.
- Write a letter to your Mom, Dad, friend, cousin, classmate…
- What would you do if someone got in front of you when you were in line at the movies?
- What would you do if your jelly sandwich fell upside down on the floor?
- What would you do if only one hot dog is left and neither you nor your friend have had one?
- What would you do if two of your best friends went to the movies without inviting you?
- What would you do if the surprise party was for you but you weren’t surprised?
- What would you do if you were invited to two parties on the same day?
- What would you do if you promised to feed your pet and you didn’t?
- What would you do if someone said you did something wrong and you didn’t?
- What would you do if your new shoes felt fine in the store but now they are hurting?
- What would you do if someone told you a joke that you don’t think is funny?
- What would you do if an hour before the party you remember you don’t have a gift?
- What would you do if a friend comes to your house and his/her mom doesn’t know he’s/she’s there?
- What would you do if you had four math problems marked wrong that were right?
- What would you do if you found in the street?
- What would you do if you found a magic wand?
- What would you do if you wanted to be friends with someone who spoke no English?
- What would you say if someone told you it was all right to steal from a large department store?
- What would you do if you saw a friend cheating–report it, confront the friend, nothing–and why?
- If you could do whatever you wanted to right now, what would you do?
- What would happen if everyone lived in space? What type of houses would they live in? What type of clothing would they wear? What type of food would they eat? How would they travel?
- What do you do for exercise?
- How do you feel when you do something that is very good?
- How do you feel when you play a trick on someone?
- How would you feel if a new child moved into your neighborhood?
- How do you think the new child would feel?
- How do you feel when you have had a fight with your best friend?
- What I Did On My Vacation
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor and why?
- Let’s play____ at recess!
- On the Fourth of July, I want to…
- I heard a frog croaking. I followed him to…
- Over the summer we are going to…
- Seven things you enjoyed about this school year was…
- List 2-5 books you plan to read over the summer. Or list the authors. Tell me why
More Writing Prompts for Middle School
- Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 1/3)
- Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 2/3)
- Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 3/3)
- Writing Prompts for Middle School That Aren’t Boring
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator