Middle School Writing Ideas. Welcome Back to the Wonderful World of Writing Prompts for Middle School Students (Part 2/3)— Before we get on with our second list of prompts for middle school kids, have you read about the fabulous benefits of journaling?
Check this out! Journal writing can help students:
- Clarify their thoughts and feelings
- Know themselves better
- Reduce stress
- Solve problems more effectively
- Resolve disagreements with others
We love sharing journal prompts so much, that there are now over 12,000+ free prompts available on journalbuddies.com. I hope you take the time to look around and explore the many amazing writing ideas on my blog.
Ok, without further ado, we hope you enjoy this list of writing prompts!
71 Middle School Writing Ideas
- I want to remember…
- I want to forget…
- I really love to…
- What does “There are two sides to every coin” mean to you?
- What does the United States mean to you?
- What are you afraid of? Why?
- What is more important to you, appearance or personality?
- What is most important to you in a friend–loyalty, generosity, honesty–why?
- What is something that makes you melancholy?
- What makes your best friend your best friend?
- What makes you feel safe?
- What makes you laugh?
- What would you invent to make life better?
- What would you do to entertain your family without spending any money?
- What effects does watching violence have on people?
- What effects do cigarette and alcohol advertising have on young people?
- What kind of TV commercial would you like to make? Describe it.
- What kind of pet would you most like to have — a monkey, snake, goat — why?
- I saw a falling star. I wish…Can’t wait to go to the beach because…
- My favorite food to eat on the barbecue is…
- If you were five years older, you would…
- If you were lost in the woods and it got dark, what would you do?
- If it were your job to decide what shows can be on TV, how would you choose?
- If you could break the Guinness Book of Records, what would it be for?
- If you had to describe yourself as a color, which would you choose?
- If your friend told you of a secret plan to run away from home, what would you do and why?
- What do you think of 3D movies?
- What do you think someone your age can do to help reduce the amount of pollution in our environment?
- What do you think about people who are inconsiderate of others?
- What do you think should be done to keep people who are under the influence of alcohol off the road?
- What do you think the world will be like when you are a grown-up?
- What do you think about ghosts?
- Write an acrostic poem using MOTHER.
- Paste it on a piece of paper and decorate it.
- What My Mother Means to Me…
- Write this in poem form.
- What do you think of someone who has bad manners?
- What do you think about people who take advantage of others?
- What do you think about when you can’t fall asleep?
- What do you think courage means?
- What do you think makes a good friend?
- What do you think makes a happy family?
- What pollutants do you think do the most damage and why?
- What things do you think are beautiful?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What kind of animal would you like to be and why?
- What kind of trophy would you like to win?
- What TV or movie star would you like to invite to your birthday party?
- What does “Clothes make the person” mean to you?
- What does “Have your cake and eat it too” mean to you?
- What does “The early bird gets the worm” mean to you?
- What do we mean when we say, “The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence”?
- What does “You can’t take it with you” mean?
- What do we mean when we say, “You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar”?
- What do we mean when we say, “Hitch your wagon to a star”?
- What does “still waters run deep” mean to you?
- My favorite color is… Write a poem about what has this color…
- My favorite TV program is… (tell why)
- What kind of program do you enjoy most on TV–detective shows, comedies, game shows–and why?
- What advice would you give a new student?
- What advice would you give to someone who stole something but now feels guilty?
- What things are better than going to school? Why?
- What talents do you have?
- What three words would describe you right now?
- What four things are most important in your life?
- What color makes you think of happiness?
- What has been the most fun activity at school so far?
- What quality do you like about yourself–creativity, personality, appearance–why?
- What eccentric behavior in a friend disturbs you the most?
- What parts of nature do you like best?
- Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 1/3)
- Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 2/3)
- Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 3/3)
Until next time, write on, Middle School students!
If you enjoyed these Middle School Writing Ideas,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator