Exciting, New Journal Starters for 4th Grade Writers
Whether you’re looking for a new way to keep your 4th grade kids occupied on a rainy day, or hoping to help your class branch out in their writing, journaling can be a wonderful tool to inspire and motivate kids to express their thoughts.
Journaling has many benefits for both children and adults – the simple act of writing is a powerful way to express feelings, new ideas, and to instill creativity. Writing daily can translate into encouraging kids to find innovative ways of thinking, and will excite them endlessly with the prospect of possibility.
But kids can be a tough audience – that’s why we’ve provided a list of seventy-three new 4th grade writing prompts. These prompts are sure to help the wheels start turning, and to brighten up any student’s day.This listing of journal prompt ideas
This listing of journal prompt ideas range from the silly to the reflective, and from practical to the impossible. This listing of journal starters is sure to help your fourth-grader develop an entirely new outlook on writing and the opportunities that journaling can bring.
Seventy-Three 4th Grade Writing Prompts that
Inspire and Ignite the Imagination
- Finding an undiscovered planet
- This year, I want to learn…
- Hiking in the mountains
- My favorite family tradition
- My best friend is awesome because…
- What my family does on the 4th of July
- A list of things on my desk
- What America means to me
- One of my best memories
- Would I rather be rich or famous?
- Time capsules are…
- Something I’d like to be better at
- Climbing the world’s largest tower
- A secret garden
- Finding a secret room in your house
- Jumping on clouds
- Diving undersea to find a hidden temple
- Becoming a giant
- Growing up with cousins
- Taking an escalator to the moon
- Underwater house
- Having a food fight
- Being in a video game
- Race car driver
- Making a new ice cream flavor
- Exploring the pyramids
- Do aliens exist?
- Living on a farm
- An epic game of hide and seek
- Playing a professional sport
- Life as a germ
- Playing instruments
- Being a rock singer
- Write a letter to a pen-pal
- If I could live in any state
- If I could have any pet
- The best compliment I ever received…
- My favorite book
- Television is…
- Cooking with family
- Someday, I want to be ________
- If I could live in any time in history, I would choose ________
- My favorite toy when I was younger
- What 5 things would I want if I was stranded on a desert island?
- I felt grown-up, when ______________
- Brothers/sisters are important because…
- If I could trade places with anyone for a day
- The best April fool’s joke I ever played
- A perfect day
- My favorite month of the year
- Walking on the ceiling
- My favorite pair of shoes
- Finding buried treasure
- If dinosaurs still existed
- My greatest talent
- What if there were only 18 hours in a day?
- Something that embarrasses me is…
- The best restaurant I’ve ever been to
- I like living in [city], because…
- The most important thing I ever learned
- If I was the principal, I would _______
- Can wishes come true?
- People who I couldn’t live without
- My favorite thing in my bedroom
- A list of states or countries I’ve been to
- What would grow in my garden?
- A day in the life of a superhero
- Rules are important because…
- If I was a color, I would be _______
- My favorite thing about myself
- I think tests are important/unimportant because…
- Staying home alone
- The best teacher I ever had
I hope that this listing of 4th-grade writing prompts was inspiring and useful to you and your students, children, and special kids. Happy journaling to you!