Adventure Writing Ideas for Kids— We know children love to read stories that have a lot of adventure in them. Some kids like to read about the magic of Harry Potter and imagine themselves in Hogwarts castle. Others imagine they are a Jedi and flying through space with Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars. With the exciting adventure writing prompts for kids listed below, students are encouraged to think about and to write an adventure story of their very own.
Kids also typically love to write about topics which engage their imaginations, and children especially enjoy writing about topics that pique their imaginary minds.
The best writing topics for children are those which involve topics that kids can relate to or that fully engage their attention, and almost everyone has also had some adventures of their own – or at the very least has imagined some adventures that they would love to experience. To expand on these adventurous thoughts, we invite you to have your students undertake some adventure writing of their own.
So go ahead and share these fun, new writing prompt ideas with your kids and encourage them to use their creative writing skills as they craft their own imaginative adventure stories!
Adventure Writing Prompts for Kids
- Imagine that you could fly? Where would you go? And what would you do?
- Tell us about your favorite pet and the fun adventures it has while you are at school.
- Write a story about a robot in the future.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Write about all the exciting things that happen.
- Imagine you are in a forest and the trees can talk. Why can they talk? What would they say to you?
- What is your favorite holiday character? Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny? What adventures do they have when it’s not the holiday season?
- Imagine a place in the world that you would really like to visit. What would you do there?
- What is your favorite sports team? What if you were on that team? What would you do?
- Write about what your favorite Disney character is doing right now.
- Ask your parents what kinds of things they did growing up. Write about their adventures.
- Imagine that you were small enough to ride an ant. What adventures would you and your ant friend have?
- Write a story based on the word, “Amazing”.
- Write a story about what goes on in the refrigerator when the door is closed.
- If you were caught in a hot air balloon, what adventures would the balloon take you on and how would you eventually return to earth?
- Ask your parents for a quarter. Write about how that quarter made its way to you.
- Write about what goes on in the school when no one is there. Do the erasers, chalk, desks, and chairs come to life? What else could happen?
- Pretend you are a private detective. What would you investigate?
We hope your students had fun with these adventures writing ideas and let their imaginations run wild!
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Adventure Writing Prompts for Kids,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator