Enjoy These Two Lists for You with 48 of the Best Sunday Journal Prompts — Sunday journaling is like a superpower for your mental and emotional well-being. Oh yeah!
And now, you can make this a super-extraordinary Sunday by embarking on a creative journaling adventure.
Sunday journaling helps you clear your mind, set goals, and express your thoughts and feelings freely.
Before we start, remember there’s no right or wrong way to journal. It’s a personal journey, and you can do it however you like. Your journal is a judgment-free zone where you can be your most authentic self.
In other words, it’s not about journaling perfection; it’s about self-expression.
By putting pen to paper, you can gain clarity, reduce stress, and track your personal growth journey.
Feel free to let your creativity flow and adapt these Sunday journal prompt ideas to suit your unique Sunday vibe. Embrace the joy of journaling, create a journaling habit for yourself, and watch how it transforms your Sunday into a day of inspiration, self-discovery, and positivity.
Alrighty. Let’s dive into 38 of the best Sunday journal prompts. Happy journaling!
38 Super Sunday Journal Prompts
Let’s jump into some inspiring prompts to get your creative juices flowing.
- What makes this Sunday special?
- How did you feel when you woke up today?
- What’s your favorite Super Sunday breakfast?
- What’s your idea of a Sunday night well spent?
- Doodle about your mood/how you are feeling this Sunday in your journal notebook. Then write and reflect on what you created and what it means to you.
- What are three emotions you’ve felt this week? What a three emotions you hope to feel this coming week and why?
- What’s your go-to self-care activity for Sundays?
- Write about your mental health this past week.
- List three things you’re looking forward to in the new week.
- What’s your favorite thing about the weekend?
- List down some positive affirmations to ward away the Monday
- How can you show gratitude, be mindful, and spread positivity today?
- Write a letter to your future self, reflecting on the past week and sharing your hopes for the week to come.
- What did you dream about recently and do you think it had any meaning?
- Create a playlist of songs that motivates you to get started for the next week.
- Share a childhood memory of a special Sunday.
- Put pen to paper, close your eyes, and sketch what self-love feels like inside your body.
- What’s your favorite Sunday exercise routine?
- Write a short poem about the beauty of this Sunday. It doesn’t have to rhyme.
- Time for some self-reflection. Identify your mood or your thoughts in this moment and write about them. Consider setting a goal to self-reflect on occasion throughout your week to come.
- What’s a new hobby you’d like to explore today?
- This past week I felt sadness when…
- Do a body scan and write how that makes you feel. Start from your head right down to your toes.
- What’s the most meaningful lesson you’ve learned recently?
- Write a thank-you note to someone who brightened your week.
- Create a vision board for your upcoming week. What are some goals you’d like to achieve?
- How can you practice mindfulness and relaxation today?
- What’s a Super Sunday tradition you’d like to start?
- Are there any challenges coming up in the upcoming week? Write about what makes you anxious.
- Journal writing on Sundays helps me…
- Revisit a Sunday that stands out in your memories as a day well-spent. Journal about it.
- Three things I love about my best friend, or about myself or my pet or…
- What can serve as motivation for tomorrow?
- Find three quotes you can relate to that could help ease your worries.
- Write about distractions that have become obstacles in achieving your goals.
- What is one thing you wish you could change in your daily life?
- What has been the best and worst thing about the weekend so far?
- Take three deep breaths. How did you feel before and after?
I hope you enjoyed this list Sunday journal prompts. Now, check out this list of…
10 Bonus Sunday Night Journal Prompts
- What was the best part of my week?
- What am I most grateful for this week?
- What did I learn this week?
- What was one thing I accomplished this week that I’m proud of?
- What was one challenge I faced this week and how did I overcome it?
- What are my goals for next week?
- What do I need to do to prepare for next week?
- How can I make next week better than this week?
- What is one thing I’m looking forward to next week?
- What is one thing I’m letting go of this week?
I hope the Sunday journal prompts in this blog post help you to reflect on your week and set powerful intentions for the week to come.
A Few Final Thoughts
Sundays hold a special place in our hearts. It’s the day of the week when we get to hit the pause button, take a step back from our busy lives, and simply savor the moment.
Whether you’re a student in middle school, high school, college, or beyond, Sundays offer a unique opportunity for reflection and rejuvenation.
Sundays are often the calm before the storm of the work- or school-week, a day when you can genuinely connect with yourself. And what better way to do that than through journaling?
So, grab your favorite journal, and explore these super Sunday journal prompts. May they spark your creativity and bring some positivity to your day and your week ahead.
157 More Free Writing Prompts & Resources
- 38 Night Journal Prompts for Reflection and Growth
- 47 Magnificent Morning Journal Prompts
- 72 Incredible Time Journaling Prompts
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Sunday Journal Prompts,
please share them on social media via TikTok. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator
PS Check out this additional resource —> 5 Journaling Prompts to Close Out Your Week