Looking for some Good Kid-Friendly Writing Topics? Writing is a great way to improve a child’s writing skills and using these 25 good writing topics should get them off to an excellent start.
Writing is a fun way to pass the time for both adults and children alike. But finding just the right writing topics that will make a kid’s creative juices flow can pose a challenge to parents and teachers.
Kids often love to write about topics that engage them and spark their imagination. Young writers also typically enjoy writing about topics that engage their interest; this could include a great many ideas ranging from their favorite cartoons to a cherished superhero. Moreover, the best writing topics for children tend to be those that involve situations kids can relate to or wrap their minds around quite easily.
When it comes to inspiring a child to write to the best of their ability, it is important to understand the fascinations and mindsets of kids. In the following list of new writing topics, we attempt to do just that. Hopefully, we succeeded. Take a peek for yourself and find out!
25 Good Writing Topics for Kids
Below is a listing of good topics to write about that kids should love and enjoy.
- Which superhero would I like to be and what superpowers will I have?
- Write about how a high court judge would deal with a traffic accident that he was responsible for causing.
- Write about two friends discussing how they would spend their “wildest dream” afternoon.
- What would happen if you were responsible for looking after your baby brother while your parents were out for dinner and you accidentally locked yourself in the basement? What would you do? How would you escape?
- Explain what you think makes diamonds so valuable.
- Nearly every neighborhood has a haunted house. Write about a creepy old house in yours.
- Imagine that you are the last survivor of a shipwreck, and you are now stranded on an island and there’s a storm coming. Describe the weather using all of your senses and explain how you keep yourself safe until the storm ends.
- Write about the strangest thing you have ever witnessed in your entire life!
- Do you like the music that your parents listen to? If yes, why and if no, why not?
- Write about the most important news event you have heard about and how it made you feel.
- Think about a book or story or article you enjoyed reading recently and try to imitate the writing style of that author.
- Write about a city you would like to visit someday.
- Write about the one thing that annoys you about adults and why they should stop doing it.
- Sit in a quiet room. Close your eyes and start writing about the first idea that comes to your mind.
- Fish and other sea creatures have come to tell you about how humans are ruining the sea. What are the things they would tell you?
- After I finish this school year I definitely want to….
- If you found a Genie and he gave you three wishes, what would they be?
- Invent an animal of your choice and explain its characteristics.
- What is the one thing in your life that you wish would disappear and why?
- Explain how you help your family at home.
- If you had the power to be invisible explain what would you do with it.
- Which Disney character would you want to be and why?
- You go on a trip to the moon. What do you see there and what do you do?
- Write about your best friend.
- Write about the bravest act you have ever performed in your life!
More Writing Topics for Kids
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Good Writing Topics for Kids,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator