Welcome Back to the Wonderful World of Writing Prompts for Middle School Students (Part 2/3) — Before we get on with our second list of prompts for middle school kids, have you read about the fabulous benefits of journaling?
- Clarify their thoughts and feelings
- Know themselves better
- Reduce stress
- Solve problems more effectively
- Resolve disagreements with others
Ok, without further ado, we hope you enjoy the prompts listed below!
71 Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 2)
- I want to remember….
- I want to forget…
- I really love to…
- What does “There are two sides to every coin” mean to you?
- What does United States mean to you?
- What are you afraid of? Why?
- What is more important to you, appearance or personality?
- What is most important to you in a friend–loyalty, generosity, honesty–why?
- What is something that makes you melancholy?
- What makes your best friend your best friend?
- What makes you feel safe?
- What makes you laugh?
- What would you invent to make life better?
- What would you do to entertain your family without spending any money?
- What effects does watching violence have on people?
- What effects do cigarette and alcohol advertising have on young people?
- What kind of TV commercial would you like to make? Describe it.
- What kind of pet would you most like to have–monkey, snake, goat–why?
- I saw a falling star. I wish…Can’t wait to go to the beach because…
- My favorite food to eat on the barbecue is…
- If you were five years older you would…
- If you were lost in the woods and it got dark, what would you do?
- If it were your job to decide what shows can be on TV., how would you choose?
- If you could break the Guinness Book of Records it would be for?
- If you had to describe yourself as a color, which would you choose?
- If your friend told you of a secret plan to run away from home, what would you do and why?
- What do you think of 3D movies?
- What do you think someone your age can do to help reduce the amount of pollution in our environment?
- What do you think about people who are inconsiderate of others?
- What do you think should be done to keep people who are under the influence of alcohol off the road?
- What do you think the world will be like when you are a grown up?
- What do you think about ghosts?
- Write an acrostic poem using MOTHER
- Paste it on a piece of paper and decorate it.
- What My Mother Means to Me…
- Write this in poem form.
- What do you think of someone who has bad manners?
- What do you think about people who take advantage of others?
- What do you think about when you can’t fall asleep?
- What do you think courage means?
- What do you think makes a good friend?
- What do you think makes a happy family?
- What pollutants do you think do the most damage and why?
- What things do you think are beautiful?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What kind of animal would you like to be and why?
- What kind of trophy would you like to win?
- What TV or movie star would you like to invite to your birthday party?
- What does “Clothes make the person” mean to you?
- What does “Have your cake and eat it too” mean to you?
- What does “The early bird gets the worm” mean to you?
- What do we mean when we say, “The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence”?
- What does “You can’t take it with you” mean?
- What do we mean when we say, “You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar”?
- What do we mean when we say, “Hitch your wagon to a star”?
- What does “still waters run deep” mean to you?
- My favorite color is… Write a poem about what has this color…
- My favorite TV program is… (tell why)
- What kind of program do you enjoy most on TV–detective shows, comedies, game shows–and why?
- What advice would you give a new student?
- What advice would you give to someone who stole something but now feels guilty?
- What things are better than going to school? Why?
- What talents do you have?
- What three words would describe you right now?
- What four things are most important in your life?
- What color makes you think of happiness?
- What has been the most fun activity at school so far?
- What quality do you like about yourself–creativity, personality, appearance–why?
- What eccentric behavior in a friend disturbs you the most?
- What parts of nature do you like best?
- Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 1/3)
- Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 2/3)
- Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids (Part 3/3)
Until next time, write on, Middle School students!
If you enjoyed these Writing Prompts for Middle School Kids,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator