Creative Writing Prompts— This is part 3 of a 4-part series of creative writing ideas for kids and here you will find 61 MORE creative prompts for kids. You are also invited to check out our list of Creative Writing Ideas for All Ages by clicking here. For even more creative writing resources click here.
In part one, we shared with you sixty-five creative writing prompts for kids, while in the second part we explored sixty-two prompts for creative writing. Now, we present to you sixty-one MORE creative writing prompt ideas for the young writer!
Creative writing is an empowering activity that teaches kids how to use their imaginations—and, more importantly, it helps them to internalize the fact that their thoughts are worth sharing.
Fuel your student’s curiosity with this series of all new creative writing prompt ideas for youngsters. When budding writers feel empowered to write about the things that matter to them and about the topics that capture their attention, they are far more willing to stick with writing and to see the benefits of this incredibly important practice.
Creative Writing Ideas: 61 Fun & Fabulous Ideas for Kids
- What will the world be like in 50 years?
- If you could be any superhero, who would you like to be?
- Describe your best friend using only the letters in his or her name.
- What does it mean to be part of a community?
- Do you prefer sitting in the front or the back of the classroom?
- What is your favorite emotion?
- What does it mean to be creative?
- What is your favorite kind of art?
- If you had to eat one type of food forever, what would you choose?
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
- Would you rather watch a sunrise or a sunset?
- Have you ever watched TV online? How is it different from watching on a traditional TV?
- Write a story about a kid who lives in a land made of ice cream.
- If bears could dance, what kinds of dances would they do?
- Do you enjoy musicals? Why or why not?
- Write a poem about the way you feel when you journal.
- When did you first learn to ride a bike?
- If you were a popsicle, what flavor would you be?
- What is the craziest game you’ve ever played?
- Do you believe that aliens exist? If so, what are they like?
- Do you think people will ever be able to live on another planet?
- What part would you play in the circus?
- What do you like to do on the weekends?
- Write about one of your future goals. How will you achieve it?
- Why do parents dress little girls in pink and boys in blue?
- Do you like babysitting the younger kids in your family?
- What relaxes you more than anything else?
- Where do you go when you need to concentrate on your homework?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- Write an alternate ending to your favorite book.
- What is your favorite thing about living in [hometown]?
- Why does the government provide public education?
- Are you close with any of your neighbors?
- Write about a symbol that represents your family.
- Do you like your first name? Does it fit your personality?
- Make a list of all the things you’ve accomplished this week. How do you feel?
- What is your favorite milkshake flavor?
- How do you feel about the Twilight books and movies? Why?
- What is your favorite thing to shop for?
- Have you ever gone to a concert? What bands did you see?
- What is the best sound in the world?
- What is the best sight in the world?
- What is the best smell in the world?
- What is the best taste in the world?
- What is the best feeling in the world?
- Write an apology to a classmate that you should have been nicer to.
- Do you listen to the radio?
- Write about something you’re looking forward to.
- If you were a Disney princess, who would you be?
- Think about some privileges you have that others don’t. How do you feel?
- What is your favorite treat at the movies?
- Does your family ever go to the library? What do you like to get there?
- What jobs do you consider to be the most important? Would you ever want to have one?
- What is the best way to make someone feel loved?
- Why is it important to learn about so many subjects at school?
- Write a poem about something you’re good at.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you were a bird, what kind of bird would you be? A large eagle? A tiny bluebird?
- Write an alternate ending to your favorite movie.
- What is your favorite thing to do on the playground?
- Have you ever triumphed over something you initially struggled with? How did you feel?
Links to More Creative Writing Prompts for Kids:
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Creative Writing Ideas,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator