Kids Journaling for the Joy of It… I love to write about journaling tips, creative journaling, and journal writing techniques. I love journaling so much that just for the joy of it, I wrote and published two kids journals. I also created this journal prompts and writing ideas blog which now has over 10,000+ FREE writing prompts!
Do you love journaling? Do your kids? I hope so! Writing in a journal is one of my very favorite activities, and I hope it is one of yours and your student’s favorite activities, too.
So, welcome! You have just discovered a most fantastic listing of 3rd Grade Journaling Prompts. Use and share them with your students. Most of all, I encourage you to have your kids journal for a minimum of three times per week. My hope is that your student’s journaling adventures are filled with joy, fun, creativity, and laughs.
But you’re not here to hear about my love of journal writing so, without further ado, below is a fabulous listing of journaling prompts for kids listed below!
See these 25 Innovative Journaling Ideas for Kids
Journal Starters and Journaling Prompts for 3rd Graders
- I am very proud because…
- If I were President I would…
- Why is the President so important?
- I am afraid to_______ because…
- Name one thing you do really well and describe it in detail.
- What is your favorite room in your home and why?
- Describe what it means to be a good neighbor?
- What is your favorite time of day and why?
- Describe your best day ever? Give lots of details explaining why.
- How do you deal with people who bug you?
- What excites you and why?
- Describe your favorite hobby.
- What is your favorite quote by a famous person? Why?
- What is your favorite song and why?
- Climbing trees is…
- I wish trees could._____________ because….
- I want to be a ________ when I grow up. Then I will….
- I wish there were a law that said ___________ because…
- I wish I could forget the time I ___________ because….
- I wish I could ___________ because…..
- Older people are…
- Younger people are…
- The perfect place in the whole wide world is…
- What makes you feel sad and why?
- What can you do to help you feel better when you’re feeling blue?
- Name your favorite book and why?
- Walking in the rain is…
- I am proud of myself because__________
- What I know about rabbits is that…
- If I were an Easter egg…
- For lunch today…
- If I were a raindrop I’d….
- If I were a turtle, I’d…
- If I were a ________, I’d…
- Pretend that you can fly whenever you wanted. Where would you go?
- Pretend that there is no such thing as television. What do you do with all of your time?
- My favorite stuffed animal or toy is…
- Imagine if cows gave green pop instead of milk! What would the world look like?
- Imagine that all the streets are rivers? How do you get around?
- What would happen if it really did rain cats and dogs?
- Use descriptive words like amazing, incredible, outrageous, super-fun or mind-blowing while writing about your favorite activity of all time.
- If I could choose a different name, I would choose ________ because…
- Let’s go _______________. Describe your adventure.
- Write a letter to your Mom, Dad, friend, cousin, classmate about your top three talents.
- What would happen if animals could talk? What questions would you like to ask them?
- Imagine that you can become invisible whenever you wanted to? What are some of the things you would do?
- What would you do if you were in the middle of the lake and your boat springs a leak?
- What would you do if you were the last person on earth?
- What would you do if you could fly?
- What would you do if you suddenly woke up in another country and no one could understand a word you said!
- Write a poem about your favorite person, animal, or place.
- What is your dream vacation? Why?
- Write a story from the perspective of a rabbit going down a hole. What does the rabbit experience, see and feel?
- What would you eat if you were on a deserted island? How would you catch your food?
- How does it feel to be a snowflake?
- Imagine you are a mountain and you are sitting and watching the world. What have you seen in your lifetime?
- What dangers would you face if you were a chipmunk? How would you overcome them?
5 MORE Bonus 3rd Grade Writing Prompts
- Write about something you believed as a small child that turned out to be wrong. How did you find out?
- If you could have any superpower, what would you choose? How would you use it?
- If you could visit any planet, which would you go to?
- Have your parents ever given you a job to do at home? What did you do?
- If you were in charge of managing the zoo, which animals would you spend the most of your time with?
Stay tuned more journaling ideas and journal writing prompts as we are constantly adding new ideas to journalbuddies.com because sharing fabulous and fun writing ideas is our passion.
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these 3rd Grade Journal Writing Prompts,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator