Pick 10 Things About Me to Explore or the Whole List of 30 Ideas — Oh yeah! Our newest list of writing ideas will help you discover fun facts to share about yourself. Plus… they include unique “things about me” examples. Read on to discover more and enjoy!
When you are a kid, not only are you discovering the world around you — but you also are figuring out who you are. You might find yourself wondering, “What are some fun facts about me?” or “What is interesting about me?”
The fact of the matter is, you are beautifully unique, and you should celebrate all that you are! One of the best ways to discover yourself and to share interesting facts about yourself is to write in a journal.
You can use these Things About Me writing prompts to help learn more about who you are and who you want to become.
Things About Me: 30 Writing Prompts for Exploring Fun Facts to Share About Yourself
- Write down a list of your favorite movies. Why do you like those movies?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Ask your teacher for examples of fun facts. Then, think of a few that you might want to share about yourself.
- What would you buy first if you won the lottery?
- Describe your pets using three words.
- What is your go-to comfort food and why?
- Write about the best way to celebrate birthdays.
- If you could have a lifetime supply of any product, what would it be?
- If you had a choice, would you prefer chocolate or potato chips?
- A pet peeve is something seemingly little that gets on your nerves. Do you have any pet peeves?
- Imagine that you had to spend the rest of your life in one location. Where would you choose?
- Make a list of your favorite things about school.
- Do you have a sibling? How would you describe your sibling? What do you like to do together?
- Imagine that you are going on a job interview for your dream job. Where are you headed? What job is it for? How do you feel?
- What is your favorite type of art? Do you create art or would you rather appreciate it from afar?
- Name something that you like to put peanut butter on that is not a sandwich.
- What is your favorite season? Why do you like that season?
- List something in your home that you have an abundance of. Why is there so much of this one thing inside your house?
- List your favorite pizza toppings. How did you discover this combination?
- If you had an Instagram handle, what would it be? Why would you choose that name for your Instagram account?
- Do you have any hidden talents? List some surprising talents that you might have that your classmates may not have.
- Write a blog post about your favorite vacation destination that you have visited.
- How would you describe your hometown? Do you want to live in your hometown forever or relocate to another city when you are a grown up?
- Imagine that you had to live your life inside a video game. Which video game would you choose and why? Would you be a hero character or a villain?
- List three things that are important to you when it comes to friendships.
- What is the best advice your parents have ever given you? What is the best advice that you want to share with your own children one day?
- Do you have a childhood nickname? Do you like that nickname? If you do like your nickname, write about where it originated from. If you do not, write about what you would prefer people to call you.
- Where is your favorite place to be outside? List three reasons why this is your favorite place.
- Have you ever had the opportunity to volunteer? If so, write about this experience. If you have not, write about what type of volunteering you might want to try in the future.
- Write about the character that you relate to most from your favorite book. Why do you relate to this character?
These simple yet effective writing prompts will help you uncover the things about me that you want to share with others. Through writing, you can learn more about the world around you as well as more about yourself — so always keep on writing!
More Writing Resources
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Journal Writing Prompts about …
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator