Writing the Best Birthday Letter for Your Loved Ones — It’s often true that a personalized birthday card, note, or letter means the most to the birthday celebrant. Yes! And, our new list of birthday writing prompts will help you craft a wonderful birthday message. This means that now…
You and/or your student writers can get ideas on how to best express yourselves to your loved ones on this joyful day.
These inspiring birthday writing prompts and wishes will also help you become a better writer. So check out our birthday-themed creative prompt ideas to kickstart your writing and enjoy. I know you’ll be glad you did.
Birthday Writing Prompts, Ideas, and Messages
A wonderful birthday present you can give is your presence and your love in the form of a thoughtfully-written note, letter, or even a short story.
Writing prompts are a fantastic way to get your creative juices flowing when you’re feeling stuck. Whether you’re looking for inspiration or just want to get your thoughts out, birthday writing prompts are an excellent tool to help you write the perfect birthday message.
Now, get to it and get inspired to write a memorable note, story, letter, or card for your loved one on their birthday.
17 Creative Birthday Writing Prompts
Here are some creative writing prompts to help you create the best birthday gift ever. A story by you for your loved one. Take a look and get inspired.
- Remember that dream you told me you wished would come true, well…
- The frosting on this cake has magical powers and that’s how we are going to…
- Write a short story about your friend with them as the main character.
- Wish someone a happy birthday while writing as your future self from the next day.
- Consider writing an acrostic poem for your best friend that only they would understand.
- Write a birthday wish by describing how you hope all their dreams come true when they blow out the candles.
- Write a creative story about a birthday cake that can talk, gifts that can walk, and party poppers that can act.
- Tell your partner you want to travel to the most unusual places on their next birthday so you can spend more time with them.
- Remember on your previous birthday when we went on the adventure of a lifetime? It was a day filled with…
- Write a story about a mom — or someone else — meeting their favorite celebrity on her next birthday.
- Write a story about an incredible birthday cake you plan to have made for your friend.
- It’s your pet’s birthday. How will you celebrate?
- If you and the birthday person could travel anywhere in the world for a day, where would you go?
- Write about how you could spend a special day, experience, or even a lifetime with the person.
- Write a birthday party short story that is mind-blowing and amazing.
- Write a funny story about how you had to audition to be in the same group as your close friends.
- Write a simple birthday wish about spending Christmas (or another holiday) with your loved one.
I hope you enjoyed this list of birthday writing prompts. Now, let’s explore some birthday wishes and short, sweet birthday messages.
6 Birthday Writing Prompts and Messages
- It’s so hard to believe that it’s been _______ since we met. You’ve made my life so much better and I’m happy that we found each other. Happy Birthday!
- I hope this year is as good as last year was, and then some. Happy Birthday!
(Optional–Now that we’re officially celebrating our first anniversary together, I can’t wait to see what the future holds in store for us.)
- I don’t know if you realize this or not but I’m so glad we are friends. You’ve changed my life for the better and I’m really happy about that. Happy Birthday!
- I hope this year is just as good as last year was, and then some!
- Because you’re so special to me I’m going to make sure that you get the most out of your day. Happy Birthday!
- I know that this might sound a little silly and kinda mushy but I will always hold a special place in my heart for you because…
A birthday is a special day for nearly everyone. It’s a day of celebration and joy. It’s the day when we get to celebrate the person we love most in our life.
It is also the day that reminds us of how fast time has gone by and how soon it will be until we are celebrating their next birthday with them.
7 Short and Sweet Birthday Wishes
- “The day is all yours — have fun!”
- “Cheers to you for another trip around the sun!”
- “Thinking of you on your birthday and wishing you everything happy.”
- “Best wishes on your birthday – may you have many, many more.”
- “Cheers to you for another trip around the sun!”
- “Today is about you…”
- “HaPpy HaPpy HaPpy birthday tooooooo youuuuuuuuu!
See loads more birthday messages here.
Why Write Beautiful Birthday Wishes
Taking the time to write a beautiful birthday message to a loved one is truly a precious gift.
Writing captivating birthday wishes isn’t easy. I mean, there is a reason businesses like Hallmark are still in business.
But take heart because you can improve your birthday writing skills with our birthday prompts and write a magnific wish and a happy birthday to your loved one.
I mean, right here on Journal Buddies, there are numerous resources to help you nail your message, and some super-fabulous birthday writing prompts, too.
A Personalized Birthday Card is a Great Gift
Birthdays are a special occasion, and rightly so. They mark milestones in your life’s journey as you progress through it. After all, there’s a reason people love celebrating specific birthdays, like their sixteenth, twenty-first, etc.
It’s a day to celebrate with your loved ones. People often argue about the best birthday gifts. Some think the more expensive the gift, the better. Meanwhile, others argue that it’s the intentions and not the price tag that matters.
Yet, according to the New York Post:
This demonstrates that most people care more about the intentions and thoughtfulness behind the gift than anything else.
Surveys and polls from other sources confirm this notion. According to Personalized Creations:
As a result, people are often interested in getting their friends, family members, and significant others personalized gifts. So, yes… get personal with your birthday wishes and messages.
Our lists of birthday writing prompts will help inspire you to write a great birthday message for the special someone in your life.
So use our birthday writing prompts and ideas to improve your birthday messages be it in cards, notes, letters, or another writing format.
Resources & Links Related to Birthday Writing
- 23 Things to Write about and Great Conversation Ideas
- 34 of the Best Friend Writing Prompts
- 27 Fun and Fabulous Journal Writing Prompts and Topics
Ok, that’s all for today.
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Birthday Writing Prompts
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator