Happy Journal Prompts (inspired by Happiness Happens Month)— When people make an effort to promote positivity and optimism in the world, happiness can happen personally and perhaps even come about globally. Oh yeah!
With this fantastic list of happy ideas, you can help your writers come together in recognizing just how happy they are and take steps to create an even happier life for themselves starting today.
Journaling for reflection and inspiration gives students the chance to dig deeper into their gratitude and self-reflective time.
When writers make journaling a part of their daily routine, they’ll recognize all the best things in their daily life.
Happiness and Happy Ideas for You
Wonderfully, with these 53 happy ideas and journal prompts, writers will consider what happiness means to them and articulate how it really feels to be happy.
By taking the time to sit down and journal about happiness, students are likely to grow even more positive, express positive emotions, and live happier lives. They will spend more time focusing on happy, positive things and less time on other things.
Students can think about the many ways of promoting happiness, as well as some kind and gentle ways to discourage negativity, worries, and depression. And, they will improve their mindset in the process. With the opportunity to express their thoughts and feelings in writing, students can practice focusing more on the silver lining while downplaying negativity.
And… They can take these feelings with them all throughout the month, as well as through the rest of the year. Yes!
Now get to it and check out this list of happy journal prompts and ideas to write about. I hope you use and enjoy these positive journaling prompts.
53 Happy Journal Prompts/Ideas to Journal or Write About
Regular writing is a healthy daily habit that can have a positive impact on you AND boost happiness and positive feelings. So grab a pen, pencil, notebook, writing device of choice and give yourself the gift of happy journaling.
- How can you give back happiness to those who bring you joy?
- How do you feel when you witness happiness?
- Write a poem about the sound of happiness.
- Where does happiness come from?
- Who do you know that always shows happiness?
- How can you bring happiness to school?
- How can you encourage happiness?
- What things make you happiest?
- How can you begin recognizing happy moments each day? What are yourf happiest moments from today?
- Does happiness give you energy?
- How will you celebrate Happiness Happens Month?
- What can you accomplish when you’re happy?
- What does it mean to find the silver lining in a situation?
- How do you show your happiness?
- What happens when you feel happy?
- Write a poem about the way smiles look.
- How do you feel when someone rains on your parade?
- Are there times when you don’t feel like being happy? What do you think causes this?
- How can you bring your neighbors happiness during Happiness Happens Month?
- What things or people make you smile?
- Why is it so important to promote the sharing of happiness?
- How do you celebrate happiness in your life?
- Do you ever smile even when you don’t feel like it?
- How do you think others feel when you rain on their parades?
- How do you feel when others are happy?
- What makes you feel enthusiastic?
- Why do some people refuse to be happy?
- How does your family like to show happiness?
- What are some different types of happiness?
- How do you feel when you express your happiness?
- What would the world be like if there were more happiness?
- Write a letter of thanks to someone who makes you happy.
- How do you feel when someone you care about isn’t happy?
- Write a story about a world where no sadness existed.
- Do you think happiness can make people healthier?
- How can our class celebrate Happiness Happens Month?
- How can happiness be contagious?
- Why is it important to listen to stories from other people about their happiness?
- How does your body feel when you smile?
- Do you think of yourself as optimistic?
- My goal for Happiness Happens Month is…
- Does celebrating happiness make it easier to deal with hardship?
- How can you kindly discourage parade-raining?
- What are some other words for happiness? How are they different or similar?
- What have you learned from celebrating happiness?
- How can you make people happy?
- What can the community do to promote happiness?
- Why is August a good month for Happiness Happens Month?
- Write a poem about a person who makes you happy.
- Where do you witness happiness most often?
- Do you believe it is possible to create change with happiness?
- How will you share happiness with your parents during Happiness Happens Month?
- Who do you know that deserves more happiness? How can you help this person find it?
Hooray for journal writing and for happy people!
I hope you enjoyed this list of happy journal prompts and happy ideas and had the opportunity to explore happy memories, experience some laughter, or just felt a general boost of mood.
Favorite Things that Make You Happy
Positive attitudes are contagious and the rewards of spreading happiness are immeasurable.
So, for more happy ideas, writers can write about their favorite things – writing about your favorite snacks, beverages, song, movie, an act of kindness, or your “happy place” can put a big smile on your face! Favorite quotes, affirmations, or a gratitude list are also powerful tools.
Yeppers… a regular writing practice can have a significant impact on mental health and is a great form of self-care and a powerful expression of self-love, too.
During August, people will celebrate Happiness Happens Month to encourage better energy in the world. Happiness Happens Month is a time for people to celebrate all the good things in their lives. The International Day of Happiness is March 20 so you’ll have yet another day of the year for happiness appreciation.
Be sure to explore these two topics: “My idea of happiness is…” and “What is your idea of happiness?” along with those listed above.
Oh… August is also Family Fun Month. Check out our blog post for some more happy ideas to celebrate it.
More Writing Resources to Inspire More Happy Ideas
- 33 Positive Thinking Day Journal Prompts
- Gratitude Journal Prompts (excellent for starting a gratitude practice)
- 10 Journal Prompts that Will Inspire Happy Thinking
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Happy Journal Prompts and Ideas,
please share them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator
PS Please take a look around and explore Journal Buddies for even more writing topic ideas to inspire you and your writers, including 29 Sad Writing Prompts to Help You Process Sadness.