Things to Write About — Sometimes you need to just let loose and have a bit of fun. And, this list of writing prompts is supposed to make you smile. From sharing your perspective to beating writer’s block to trying a brand new angle, these content ideas will help you, your kids or your students get some delightful writing inspiration.
You don’t need to put too much thought into these things to write about. They are just for fun.
So get to it and pick up a pen and paper and write!
Delightful Things to Write About
- Write a list of things that make you smile.
- Write a list of the easiest ways to make friends.
- Write a list of blog posts you’d love to read.
- Write a list of adventures you want to go on in the future.
- Write a list of your favorite book topics.
- Write a list of your favorite things you love to tell people about your passions.
- Write a list of headlines you wish you’d see in the news.
- If you could instantly have expertise about one topic, which topic would you choose?
- If you had infinite resources to help other people, but you could only help people you know, what would you do?
- If you were going to become famous on Pinterest, what hobbies would it be for?
- Write a book idea about an eating contest where kids team up and win!
- Write some ideas for a novel about someone who thrives despite being in tough circumstances.
- Imagine you had infinite money to spend on Amazon. What would you buy?
- Imagine you had a special can of spray paint that would cover anything in chrome. What would you spray with it? For some extra fun, write a story where that causes problems.
- If you made a special Instagram account about one of your interests, what would it be about?
- Big roller coasters can be some real thrillers! Write about your first time on a roller coaster.
- Write a nonfiction story about one of the most fascinating new stories you’ve ever heard about.
- If you could sing like a Disney character and summon animals, what kind of animals would you like to be able to call?
- What is your favorite topic to talk about with friends? What is exciting about it to you?
- If you were any plant (indoor or outdoor), which one would you be, and why? Try to choose one that represents your personality.
- Write about your dream home. How many bedrooms and bathrooms does it have? What is the decor like? What colors would the walls be (inside and outside)?
- If anything from science fiction stories or movies could become real, what would you choose, and why?
- Write a journal entry about a little spark of joy that happened to you today.
- What are some of your favorite power words? Use your creativity to create a few new ones.
- Imagine your life is represented by a blank page and the things you do will all be visually represented on it. What do you hope it will look like at the end of your life?
- Do you have a favorite type or color of pen? Do you keep them stocked and ready, or is your favorite pen just a memory?
- Write a short story about a childhood memory with an adult who is very meaningful in your life.
- Write about some habits, good or bad, that your best friend has that you find endearing.
- If you were going to write a memoir about your life, what are some of the stories you would make sure to include? Brainstorm using a bulleted list.
- Imagine you’re back-to-school shopping, and you get to choose any notebook you like. What factors will help you choose?
- If you went viral on the internet for one of your skills, what would it be?
- Are you more like bling or lace? Why?
- Are you more like leather or corduroy? Why?
Oh yeah. I hope you use this list of things to write about and have loads of fun with it, too.
Now, here are a few…
Things to Write About Final Thoughts
If writing has gotten too hum-drum for you or your students, this list has plenty of things that will bring joy back into writing for fun again.
Plus, consider this…
If there are any related topics that this list of things to write about inspired you to write about, feel free to go off the beaten path and write about those things as well.
Any story ideas, personal narrative story starters, or other writing topics that make you smile will absolutely fit this theme. For some added fun, go through the list with time limits for each prompt (maybe 5-10 minutes for each).
Related Links and Resources
- 45 Fabulous Things to Write
- 23 Fun Topics, Questions, and Ideas
- 9 Simple Activities To Inspire Your Writing
If you enjoyed these Delightful Things to Write About,
please share them on social media via Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator