See, Discover and Use these 45 Fun & Fabulous Things to Write— It’s summer and there’s so much time to fill. One amazing way to spend your summer is by boosting your creativity by writing. There are so many different styles of writing to try and so many different topics you can explore.
We’ve sourced all different types of prompts from our previous blog posts, as well as added some brand new ones to the mix!
So… Whether you’d like to keep a daily journal, try new creative writing prompts, or use some fun story ideas, we’ve got you covered.
Here are some things to write about to give you ultimate writing inspiration. Crack open your notebook, journal, or laptop, and get going!
Things to Write Journal Prompts
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? Write about it in as much detail as you can.
- Who do you look up to? Write about a role model and why you admire them.
- What are some of your best qualities? Write about three things you really love about yourself—and don’t be afraid to brag a little!
- Write about a time when you were afraid you wouldn’t be able to do something that someone else wanted you to do. How did that make you feel?
- What is the most important lesson you ever learned?
- How do you know when you’re doing the right thing? What type of feeling do you get?
- What five words would you use to describe yourself to someone new? Describe why you chose these words.
- What is your favorite thing to do with your friends? What makes it so fun?
- Do you consider yourself to be more of a leader or a follower? Why?
- Write about a time when you learned a new skill. Was it difficult? Fun? Describe how you felt.
- What is your favorite website on the internet? Why?
- What is your ultimate passion or area of expertise?
- Can you do any fun tricks with your body? How did you discover them?
- Do you like participating in trends? What is your favorite current trend?
- What is one of the most interesting things you know?
Creative Writing Things to Write
- If your pet could talk, what would they say?
- Do you ever donate money to people in need?
- If you had an invisible magic helper, what would you have them do?
- Write about a time when you shared with someone.
- What is the best decision you ever made?
- If you were a movie director, what kind of movies would you make?
- What is your favorite holiday? Why?
- If you could do anything right now, what would you do?
- If you hosted a radio show, what would it be called?
- Write about something that you know is true.
- Write the outline of a nonfiction story, then twist some of the story elements to make it more fun and dramatic!
- Write a thriller about a killer on the loose where you’re the main character.
- Make up a story where you can suddenly play a new instrument REALLY well.
- What would it be like to have 25 pets? Which pets would they be? Where would you live?
- Write your dream love story of how you would meet your spouse.
Things to Write Story Starters
- You become a character in your favorite video game and…
- Your grandma comes to town and brings an unexpected surprise…
- You are an astronaut who finds something strange on the moon…
- Your parents tell you that you’re moving across the country.
- An alien comes to Earth and…
- At the beach, you find a special seashell…
- At summer camp, the boys and girls wage a prank war against one another.
- Every time a dog barks, something unusual happens…
- You learn that you are heir to a throne…
- At the library, you find a photo in a book.
- You found a magic pen that has its own book idea, but someone is trying to steal it…
- You check the comments on your best friend’s social media post and discover…
- The headlines in your newspaper are always different than other people’s and you’re wondering what’s going on…
- You’re writing a fiction book, but the events from your novel start happening in real life…
- You get stranded in the Amazon and have to use your survival skills…
Hopefully, these fun prompts can give you some ideas of things to write about, and help you beat writer’s block all summer long! People of all ages can use them to get their creative juices flowing.
More Writing Ideas to Explore
- 150 Ideas to Write About
- Things to Write About When You’re Bored
- 20 Things That Can Help You Find Inspiration for Writing
If you enjoyed these Things to Write,
please share them on social media via Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator