The Writing Prompts and Journal Ideas You Need
You need prompts. And, I have a passion for them. So welcome! You have found one of the top writing prompt list resources on the internet.
Lucky for you… I simply love sharing fabulous and inspiring journaling ideas, creative writing prompts, and fun topics (with teachers, homeschoolers, young writers, parents, kids, students, and writers of all ages).
This passion for prompts means you have access to loads and loads of absolutely FREE prompts and ideas right here. So stick around and take a look. I just know you’ll find the prompts you need!
While these prompts are all free for you to use (in non-money making endeavors), I do ask that you give my site credit. Please do so when you use my prompts in your classroom or homeschooling or if you share them online (or elsewhere). Thank you so much. I appreciate it!
Journal Buddies Jill
Writing Prompts Organized by Grade Level for You
The many lists of journaling and writing prompt ideas by grade and age group are a fabulous feature of JournalBuddies.com.
The fun graphics below link to popular prompt lists on my blog for 1st through 8th graders, for elementary kids, middle school students, high schoolers, and more.
There Are Even More Writing Prompt Ideas for You!
Yes… there are lists galore here for you to use. Here are links to writing ideas by theme:
I’d like to invite you to take a look at my video about 25 Innovative Journaling Ideas for Kids. Here it is. I’d be honored if you would take a look. There will be more videos added to my site in the coming months as well so keep an eye out for those.
Take a Look at These 17 Fun Writing Prompts
Here is a sample of the type of prompt list you will find here on journalbuddies.com. See these fun prompts and enjoy them!
- How do you know your parents love you?
- Who is your favorite singer? What do you like about him or her?
- Write about your first memory of going to the doctor.
- Write a poem about writing poems.
- Write a poem about vacations.
- What is something interesting that no one knows about you?
- Why is it so important to help other people in need?
- Would you rather finish a project early or do it at the last minute? Why?
- If you had three months left to live, what would you do?
- If you could be a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be? Why?
- What is the hardest thing about being a kid?
- Would you rather be tall or short? Why?
- What is the greatest challenge facing people in our world today?
- What is the scariest experience you’ve ever had?
- Write a poem about music.
- Write about a favorite memory of something you did with your best friend.
- What is your favorite game to play? What do you like about it?
(See the full list of 28 Fun Writing Prompts Here)
Sharing Free Prompt Lists & Resources
Yes… there are over 11,000+ writing ideas and journal prompts here on my blog for you to use.
Best of all, there are even more prompts to come, so bookmark this site or follow us on social media:
If you’re a fan of writing prompts, you’ll definitely want to stay in touch and check back often.
With so many prompts to choose from, I just know there are journaling prompt and creative writing ideas you’ll love. Take a look around, enjoy, visit often, and, above all, keep on writing!
As a thank you for visiting my blog I have a free gift for you! Simply click on the image below to download two adorable Printable PDF Journal Pages. Thanks again for visiting, and I’ll see you again soon!
Journaling, Writing Ideas, Journal Prompts & Creative Writing Resources
Why am I so dedicated to this site and to offering teachers, kids, parents, and educators quality writing, journaling keeping, and creative expression information free of charge? Because I know that journaling and creative self-expression helps children, kids, students, and all of us feel more empowered. And, being empowered leads to better choices which lead to better outcomes in life and greater happiness and success!
I am so glad you found my writing ideas blog and hope you enjoy the information on journalbuddies.com. Before I close this note, I want to share my mission for my blog with you. It is:
“To offer fun and educational writing prompt resources to teachers, homeschoolers, and parents so they can empower kids to connect, communicate, and celebrate through creative, prompted, guided, and interactive journaling and creative expression.”
Thanks for visiting my journaling and creative writing resources site and happy journal keeping to all…
?Journal Buddies Jill ?
Creator & Curator of JournalBuddies.com
Below is a small sampling of writing prompts from my blog for you to check out. And here is a 54 page listing of writing prompts on journalbuddies.com There is also a search function in the sidebar to the left and at the top right of the page. So go ahead and explore, enjoy, and, above all, write on!
13 Topics for Writing
- Write about a great female role model. Why is she inspirational?
- Write a scary story.
- Write about a time when you had to make a tough choice. How did you decide what to do?
- Write about a time when you were entrusted with a secret.
- Write a letter to a person who has inspired you. What would you like to say to him or her?
- How would you describe yourself?
- If you could get rid of any one chore or responsibility you have, which would you choose? Why?
- Write about a time when you couldn’t stop laughing.
- If you could have an extra sense, what would it be? Why?
- Do you believe in magic? Why or why not?
- What makes you feel safe when you are scared?
- Would you rather live in the city or in the country? Why?
- If you were a teacher, what subject, class, and grade would you teach?
See the full list of 30 Topics for Writing Ideas Here
List of 22 Creative Writing Prompts for Kids
- Imagine that you are stuck inside a TV. What will you do? What shows would you visit?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- Would you rather be an animal or a toy?
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned in school?
- If you invented a celebration dance, what would it be called? What would it look like?
- Do you want to get married someday? Why or why not?
- What does it mean to be an optimist?
- Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?
- If you designed a video game, what would it be called?
- What is an issue that our world needs to work on?
- What is the last movie you saw in a theater?
- If you could learn any language, which one would you choose?
- What is your birthstone? Does it represent your personality well?
- What are three things that you could never live without?
- What is your favorite food?
- Who is your favorite actor?
- Which type of natural disaster is the scariest?
- Would you rather be really big or really tiny?
- Do you think you’ll go to college someday? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite thing to do on vacation?
- If your pet could talk, what would he or she say?
- Do you ever donate money to people in need?
See the full list of 65 Creative Writing Prompts for Kids Here