Inspirational Writing Prompts— We all experience writer’s block at times and can use some help jump-starting our writing, be it in our journal or elsewhere, and prompts can help overcome this problem.
Journaling is a great way to refine your writing skills and to express your deepest thoughts and feelings. You can keep your writings private if you prefer, or you can share your journal entries with others. If this idea excites you, I suggest that you make an online journal. They are free and very fun!
Whether you decide to write in a printed and bound journal and keep your writing private or to create an online journal, it is your choice. However you go about it… just get to writing on a daily basis. You’ll be glad you did!
And so, without further ado, here are thirty writing prompts ideas to inspire you. Enjoy and keep on writing.
30 Inspirational Writing Prompts
1. What is it that makes you who you are?
2. Would you rather dance or sing? What type of performances do you like to give?
3. Write about a time when you were trusted to do something important. How did you handle it?
4. What is the best party you ever went to? What made it so special?
5. What is your favorite memory of something that happened at school?
6. What is your favorite thing you did with your family this year?
7. Write about a funny story from your childhood that your parents have told you. Can you imagine yourself doing something like that?
8. Write about something you hate to do.
9. Would you rather have a few good friends or a lot of casual friends?
10. Write about something new that you tried recently. What was the experience like?
11. What is your favorite thing to do on the Internet? How much time do you spend on it?
12. What is your favorite book today? What do you like about it?
13. Why is it important to thank people for gifts and kind acts?
14. How do you think advertising on TV and online influences you?
15. What is the greatest responsibility you have? How do you fulfill it?
16. Have you ever gotten lost? What did you do?
17. What do you think the world will be like 100 years from now?
18. Write a poem about waking up in the morning.
19. What is the greatest gift you have ever received? Why was it so special?
20. Where do you see yourself in five years?
21. What is the best way to show love for someone else?
22. What is the best cereal box prize you ever found?
23. What is the best thing to do at the park? Why?
24. Would you rather lose your sight or your hearing?
25. If you could ask your favorite star, athlete, or celebrity a question, what would it be? What kind of answer do you think you might receive?
26. Write a story about someone your age who lives in the prairie days.
27. Would you rather eat only fruit or only vegetables for a day? Which fruits or vegetables would you eat?
28. Write a poem about fall’s leaves.
29. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
30. What is your favorite type of weather? How do you feel when you experience it?
More Writing Promts
- Journal Writing Prompts Collection
- 35 Topics for Journal Writing
- Writing Prompts Aren’t Just for Beginners – How to Use Them and Why You Should
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Inspirational Writing Prompts,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator