Hooray for Summer Journaling Ideas about the first day of summer. Oh yeah, you may be just as excited for it to arrive as your students! Without a doubt, your students are probably already counting down the days until the final bell rings and they are dismissed to enjoy summer vacation. And now…
With the list of 53 summer journal prompts in this blog post, you can indulge your students’ anticipation, giving them the chance to daydream about the first day of summer all while engaging their creativity.
Students will write about their ideal first day of summer and the best way to spend it. Before school lets out for the year, get students involved in journaling with journal prompts about the first day of summer!
Journaling is an important skill for students to develop, as it allows them a new vehicle of expression and helps them to organize their thoughts.
By giving students fun summer journaling ideas and journal prompts about topics they’re interested in, they’re more likely to get engaged in the material.
They’ll want to journal again and again as they get to explore their imaginations to think about the first day of summer. As they keep writing, their skills will improve and they’ll get better at developing their ideas.
Ok, let’s get to that list of summer journaling ideas. Enjoy!
53 Fabulous First Day of Summer Journaling Ideas
- What is the best thing to do on the first day of summer?
- Do you ever start a countdown to the first day of summer?
- Is it easier to get through the end of school when you know the first day of summer is coming?
- How many days of summer does it take before it feels like summer?
- Do you sleep in on the first day of summer or get up early?
- Describe your perfect first day of summer from start to finish.
- Write about waiting for the first day of summer.
- What do you think teachers do on the first day of summer?
- On the first day of summer, my parents…
- Do you think the first day of summer starts on the last day of school or the next day?
- The best thing I ever did on the first day of summer was…
- Do you try to do a lot on the first day of summer or spend the day sleeping and relaxing?
- Does your family ever plan a vacation for the first day of summer?
- The weather on the first day of summer should be…
- Is the first day of summer the best day of summer, or just the first?
- What would you do with a time machine that could make the first day of summer come faster?
- Do you ever wake up on the first day of summer and forget it’s the first day of summer?
- Write a story about the first day of summer happening over and over, all summer long.
- I’m always excited on the first day of summer because…
- The last week of school is…
- Why is the first day of summer a special day?
- I am thankful for the first day of summer because…
- My favorite thing about the first day of summer…
- Would you rather have fewer snow days if it meant summer started sooner?
- Do you ever miss school on the first day of summer?
- Make up a story about an adventure you could have on the first day of summer.
- Do you play with friends on the first day of summer or spend time at home?
- Do you still have to do chores on the first day of summer?
- When can you start going to the pool?
- Should adults with jobs have a summer vacation?
- If I could do anything on the first day of summer, I would…
- What would it be like to have summer during the winter?
- What kind of ice cream is best on the first day of summer?
- Did your parents ever tell you about what they did on the first day of summer as kids?
- The person in my class most excited about the first day of summer is…
- Write a poem about things to do on the first day of summer.
- Why does the first day of summer take so long to get here?
- On the last day of school, I like to…
- Do you think teachers look forward to the first day of summer?
- My favorite first day of summer memory…
- This year on the first day of summer, I will…
- Do you play outside or inside on the first day of summer?
- If you could spend time with anyone in the world, living or dead, on the first day of summer, who would it be and what would you do together?
- Do you get more excited about the first day of summer or your birthday?
- How long do you wait for the first day of summer?
- If I could go anywhere on the first day of summer, I would travel to…
- Why is summer exciting?
- How do you decide what to do on the first day of summer?
- What would it be like to never get a summer vacation?
- What do your parents think of the first day of summer?
- My favorite part of the last week of school is..
- Would you rather go to school year-round with more frequent breaks, or go for nine months and have summer vacation?
- Do you think about grades on the first day of summer?
I hope you enjoyed this list of first day of summer journaling ideas and find inspiration from them.
Now, check out this!
260 More Free and Fun Summer Writing Journal Prompts
Keep your creative writing skills on point during your summer break with these excellent writing resources. They are a celebration of the summer season.
- 10 Summer Topics (and an awesome summer bucket list, too!
- FREE printable PDF page for you of summer writing prompts.
- 32 Sensational summer writing prompts for kids
- 53 Summer Fun Writing Ideas
- 53 Writing Prompts Celebrating Summer
- 51 Super Summer Camp Writing Prompts
- 30 Summer Writing Prompt Ideas
- 31 Great End of Summer Writing Prompts
- Second Grade Summer Worksheets and Printables Resource
Summer Bucket List Ideas
In addition to writing, many fun summer activities are popular during the summer season. So much so, we suggest you make a summer bucket list. Here ar some ideas you may want to include:
- Pick raspberries or strawberries or blueberries (or pick them all!0
- Make homemade popsicles
- Sleep in a tent
- Run through a sprinkler on a hot day
- Go on a bike ride while savoring the sunshine
- Attend the county fair
- Blow bubbles
- Do a new summer craft project
- Lay on a blanket in your backyard and daydream about your future
- Build a sand castle at the beach on a hot summer day
- Catch fireflies/lightning bugs and/or a butterfly (just be careful!)
- Do an obstacle course
- Attend a local farmers’ market
- Visit the ocean or a river or a lake for the day
- Build a fort
- Go on a hike
- Take a long nap on a rainy day
Oh yeah. The fun things to do during the summertime are truly endless.
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these First Day of SummerJournaling Ideas,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator
PS Check out this —> Summer journal free worksheet