Valentine’s Day is a great time for students to think about the way their actions have an effect on other people. The writing prompts listed below are intended to do just that and to help kids to express their feelings and emotions regarding love in writing. We hope your students have a wonderful time creating their very own Valentine’s Day message with these writing ideas.
Valentine’s messages warm everyone’s hearts, and on Valentine’s Day students are excited to receive and give one another cards and treats to celebrate friendship, caring, and love. This day is also a great time to get them thinking about what love means and how they can work to show those feelings for people in their life every day.
Creating Valentine’s messages through journaling about Valentine’s Day and love as well as the meanings of each can help students to express their deepest sentiments regarding emotions and feelings that otherwise may be difficult to define.
In the following 77 new journal prompts, students will consider the people and things that they love, the ways that love makes them feel, and concrete actions they can take to show love to those around them. They will also come up with their own definition of love, look at Valentine’s Day traditions, and think about different types of love.
77 Valentine’s Day Writing Ideas & Journal Prompts for Kids
- I feel loved when _________
- Five ways that I can show love to people around me
- If there were more love in the world
- Love is ___________
- The best kind of valentines to give are
- I love ________ more than anything in the world
- If I could make a holiday to celebrate something like love, I would celebrate ________
- When I want people to know that I love them, I _________
- Make a list of every student’s name in the class, and write something nice about each one
- The legend of St. Valentine
- Hearts always make me think about _________
- A good Valentine’s tradition is to _________
- Valentines are important because ___________
- Things in my room that I love
- Things that make me love a person
- What would I do if I were cupid?
- This year, my valentine is ________
- Friendship is _________
- I am thankful for __________ love in my life
- I can practice showing love by __________
- If I could decorate candy hearts with any saying, I would write ___________
- With love, ________ is possible
- It’s important to tell people you love them because _______
- When I receive a valentine, I feel _________
- Three people who I love
- If I wanted to ask someone to be my valentine, I would _______
- Caring for people is important because ________
- How I could be nicer to people?
- _________ loves me because _________
- The greatest valentine I ever received
- How I can make sure that everyone feels loved and included on Valentine’s Day?
- When my grandparents _____, I feel loved
- Write a rhyming valentine’s poem for someone you love
- Love is important because _________
- If I had a secret admirer, I would _______
- Write a story about getting hit by cupid’s arrow
- Kindness is __________
- I love ____________
- People love me because __________
- My favorite Valentine’s Day memory
- Write a valentine for your favorite activity
- If I could make my own Valentine’s candy, it would have ________
- I like giving valentines because _________
- How could we celebrate love every day of the year?
- When I feel loved, I feel _________
- My favorite Valentine’s treat
- The best movie I ever saw about love was ____________
- Love feels like __________
- Would you rather receive Valentine’s notes or candy?
- How can I show my parents how much I love them?
- Something I love that always makes me feel happy is _________
- I love my siblings because _________
- People deserve to be loved because _______
- On Valentine’s Day, I will do __________ for someone I don’t always get along with
- I believe that love can make ________ happen
- Why do we give candy on Valentine’s Day?
- How could I make a game that everyone would be included in?
- The most important qualities a friend should have
- The best Valentine’s Day ever was when _________
- Write a poem that you could give to your parents for Valentine’s Day
- Something nice that I can do for my neighbors is _________
- When people love each other, they _________
- I think that Valentine’s Day is a time to __________
- If I had to explain love to an alien from another planet, I would say _______
- I think Valentine’s Day comes from
- Valentine’s gifts make people feel _________
- What is something I could do for my friends to show how much I love them?
- Every year, I learn __________ about love
- Things that I love about school
- My favorite song about love is ________
- Write a valentine to a beloved pet
- I will show love this week by _________
- If you could only give or receive valentines, which would you choose?
- Love is a good reason to __________
- Valentine’s Day makes me feel __________
- Write a poem using the letters in the word “love”
- The moment when I felt most loved
Related Links & Resources
- 30 February Writing Prompts for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Printable Journal and Prompts for Students
- 5 Easy Valentine’s Day Writing Ideas
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Valentine’s Writing Ideas & Prompts for Students,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator