Self Esteem & Confidence Journal Prompt Ideas for Kids— Kids face consistent pressure from their friends and the media to look and act in particular ways. Though parents and teachers can’t take these pressures away, you can alleviate the damage by promoting confidence and high self esteem. Journaling is one of the best ways to help kids develop their self esteem, as it encourages reflection, offers confidence, provides stability, and promotes creativity.
When students journal, they become more aware of their own feelings and grow more comfortable expressing their ideas.
In these 52 new journal prompts, children are encouraged to reflect on the positive aspects of their lives. From identifying their greatest strengths to considering their goals, each journal prompt offers a motivating or inspiring idea for kids to consider. Students will think about the qualities they share with people they admire and the way they feel when they receive compliments.
To promote confidence and higher self esteem in children, allow them to identify their best qualities through writing. As they reflect on their talents and successes, they’ll feel inspired and encouraged to go out and try new things!
52 Journal Prompts to Build Kids Self Esteem & Confidence
1. What is your greatest talent?
2. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
3. How do your parents encourage you to be more confident?
4. Write about a unique quality you have that makes you special.
5. Write down five things that define who you are, listing them as “I am ____,” statements. Take a few minutes to think about each one. Which quality feels the best?
6. Write about a time when you did something you were afraid to try. How did you feel afterward?
7. When you’re feeling confident, what emotions do you experience?
8. Write about a person you admire. What qualities do you have in common with this person?
9. What is your favorite thing to do? How do you feel when you work on this activity?
10. What does it feel like when someone recognizes something you worked hard to do?
11. What makes you feel like a strong person?
12. What do you do when you see a classmate struggling with something?
13. Of the people in your life, who makes you feel the most confident?
14. Name three qualities you love about yourself.
15. How do you think other people see you?
16. What is self esteem?
17. Why is it important to have high self esteem?
18. How do you know when you’ve succeeded at something?
19. Write a poem that describes the feeling of confidence.
20. What kinds of things hurt self esteem? How can you discourage these activities?
21. What is your greatest strength?
22. What is the greatest feeling you’ve ever had?
23. Why is it important to congratulate people who do well?
24. Write about your greatest success.
25. What do you see when you look in the mirror?
26. What does it mean to have confidence?
27. How do you think confidence relates to happiness?
28. How do you feel when you earn good grades?
29. Write about your favorite physical feature.
30. Write about your favorite intellectual quality.
31. When you want to feel more confident, what do you do?
32. What is your biggest goal? How will you achieve it?
33. Write about a time when you helped another person. How did you feel?
34. What makes you happy?
35. Make a list of ten things you’re good at doing. How do these things make you unique?
36. How can you help other people feel more confident?
37. How do you feel when you journal regularly?
38. What is it like to try something new?
39. Do you ever have trouble making decisions? How can you work to make choices more quickly and with more confidence?
40. Write about three things that make you happy. How can you spend more time on these things each day?
41. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
42. Why is it important to have high self-esteem?
43. Think of something that you would like to do better. How can you work to improve?
44. How do you feel when someone gives you a compliment?
45. What types of things make you feel confident?
46. Why is it important to spend time with people who appreciate your best qualities?
47. How do positive thoughts promote confidence?
48. What is something you have done well recently?
49. Write about a time when you made a great choice.
50. Do you spend time worrying about what other people think? How does this feel?
51. When do you feel proud of yourself?
52. Write about a time when you struggled with something new. What did you do to improve?
Until next time, journal on…
If you enjoyed these Journal Prompts for Kids on Self Esteem & Confidence,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator