Did you know that 160,000 kids miss school each day for fear of bullying? Moreover, 1 out of 4 kids are bullied every month in the U.S. and 1 in 10 drops out due to repetitive bullying. I think this is unacceptable in every way!
In an effort to support Bullying Awareness, I want to take one small step today and share with you some useful and powerful information about bullying statistics.
The graphic shown below (“School Bullying Outbreak”) shares bully facts about the methods, consequences and preventative measures related to bullies and bullied victims in schools. The topics covered include:
- Bullying statistics
- Who gets involved in bullying
- What qualifies as bullying
- The bullies and victims
- Methods of bullying
- Consequences of bullying, and
- Bully prevention & anti-bully suggestions
Get educated about bullying and its horrible effects on kids and then help to promote safe school environments by spreading the word and bringing greater awareness to this vital bullying information!
Graphic by MAT@USC
More Bullying Statistics, Information & Resources:
- Stop Bullying — This is a fabulous government sponsored resource that is packed full of information.
- Dealing with Bullying — This is a useful Kids Health article that shares some great information.
- Bullying Facts for Families — Another useful article, this one by the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Download a free e-Book on bullying by clicking the “Bully at School and Online” graphic to your right.
Let’s keep getting this bully information and these bullying statistics out there until we live in a world where there are NO bullies! I believe that is possible, and hope you do too.
Until next time…