Fun Journal Prompts — Regardless of how much writing kids are doing in their daily lives, journal writing has a set of benefits entirely its own. Journaling helps children improve their writing skills, certainly – but it also helps them to think about life in a new light and to explore their own feelings more deeply.
Help your kids enjoy the benefits of journaling with these new fun writing ideas and prompts. They’ll love the chance to get creative and let their ideas shine!
Fun Writing Ideas
1. What benefits do you receive when you help someone else?
2. Write a poem about yourself.
3. If you could set a world record, what would it be for? Why?
4. What is the best way to make new friends?
5. Can boys and girls be friends? Why or why not?
6. Write a poem about what it’s like to be your age.
7. What was your favorite toy when you were younger?
8. What is your least favorite chore? What don’t you like about it?
9. What would you do if you had a time machine?
10. If you won $1 million, what would you do with it?
11. How would your parents describe you?
12. How do you think the world will change in the next 15 years?
13. Would you rather have money or fame? Why?
14. Write about a family member who you’d like to get to know better. How can you connect with this person more often?
15. What does your dream car look like? Where would you drive it?
16. What is your favorite food? What do you like about it?
17. What does it mean to be tolerant?
18. Write about something that you always have with you.
19. Write a thank-you letter to someone who has helped you. Don’t forget to send it!
20. Do you think that libraries will still exist in 15 years? Why or why not?
21. If you could improve one of your senses, which would you choose? Why?
23. If you were a vegetable, what kind would you be? Why?
24. Who is your favorite actor or actress? What is his or her best role?
25. Write about something new you’re excited to try.
26. What is your favorite animal? What do you like about it?
27. Think of an invention that you wish someone would make. What purpose would it serve?
28. What makes a day a good day?
29. Would you rather road trip around America or take a first-class flight to Europe? Why?
30. How are various types of love different from one another?
31. Write about a time when you surprised yourself. What did you do?
We hope you enjoyed these 31 fun writing ideas and journal prompts for kids.
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Fun Writing Ideas,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator