Journal Prompts & Ideas to Write About this Summer— Summer is here and it’s a great time of year for kids to explore new activities. Summer writing is one such activity. Summer journal prompts for kids tend to be more casual and may even take on a whimsical aspect. Oh yeah, that’s why…
I suggest that you get your kids involved in this fabulous summer activity and encourage them to write.
Yes! Your child can benefit from summer writing in many ways, so go ahead and encourage him or her to begin their writing adventures today.
Writing is a fantastic way for children of all ages to learn more about who they are, what they like and dislike, their interests as well their thoughts and feelings.
It’s a healthy and creative outlet that keeps your child’s school skills sharp!
So get to it and use these summer writing prompts to help keep your kid’s writing skills on point. I know you’ll be glad you did.
37 Super Summer Journal Prompts for Kids
- What’s the most important thing you would like to do this summer?
- Summertime great for the outdoors. Go for a walk. Write a sentence about the walk you went on.
- What is your favorite thing to do when you play outdoors in the summer?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you play inside? Why do you play inside in the summertime?
- If you could go on a summer vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Make a list of groceries that you think your grownup should buy for you from the store.
- Tell about an animal you would like to have for a pet.
- What would you do if there was a dragon stuck under your bed?
- What is the funniest thing that you have ever seen?
- What is something you would like to learn more about?
- What kind of pet do you think a teacher should get for their classroom?
- What is the best movie you have ever seen?
- Tell about your most favorite book.
- Tell about your favorite holiday. Explain why it is your favorite.
- Tell about your favorite restaurant. Why is it your favorite?
- Write a poem about what you think next school year will be like.
- What is something you love about yourself and why?
- If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be and why?
- Make a list of the things you are most thankful for in your life.
- Which season do you like the most? Why?
- Which season do you like the least, why?
- You just won $1,000,000. What are you going to do first?
- Tell about a time when you were kind to someone.
- Tell about your favorite song.
- Write a story about the mysterious zizzybaloobuh that you just found in your bathtub.
- What is something that makes you ANGRY!!!!! and why.
- Tell about your favorite sport.
- Tell about the last time you cried.
- What are you scared of and why?
- You found a magic wand! What would you do with it?
- Tell about your favorite food and why it is so good.
- Have a family member write something about you in your journal today.
- What would happen to you if you never went to school?
- In first grade (or second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth grade…), I want to learn about…
- This is a list of things I like to do when I can’t watch television or play video games.
- What would you like to say to the President of the United States?
- If a cat or dog could talk, what would they say?
I hope you enjoyed this list of fun and summer journal prompts for kids. Now have your writer grab their notebook, pen or pencils and get to writing until their heart’s content.
Oh, and by the way, these fabulous summer-themed journal ideas are compliments of a JournalBuddies.com reader. Thanks for the great journal starters, Trina!
277 More Free & Fun Summer Writing Prompts
One of the best ways to help kids get started writing in during the summer months is to have them write in a journal. Give your writers the list of the summer journal prompts for kids journal shown above or use any of the writing prompts shown below.
- 53 Summer Fun Writing Ideas
- 53 Writing Prompts Celebrating Summer
- 51 Super Summer Camp Writing Prompts
- 31 Great End of Summer Writing Prompts
- 39 Beach Writing Prompts
- 50 Ice Cream Writing Prompts
- Summer Writing Activities
Just have our writer choose the topic that thrills them the most and get to writing today in as much detail as they can muster.
You might even want to print out the listing of summertime journal writing prompts for future use with your kid or bookmark this site and visit again.
Ok, that’s all for today.
Here’s to a spectacular and perfect summer for all filled with joy, fun, love and laughter, and writing, too!
Until next time, write on…
If you enjoyed these Summer journal prompts for kids.,
please share them on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
I appreciate it!
creator and curator
4 thoughts on “37 Super Summer Journal Prompts for Kids”
I love this blog. How wonderful! I will have to try a few of these things with my nieces.
Thanks Irene! I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun using these ideas with your nieces. 🙂
Thanks for the great writing ideas! I’m running over to my grands this morning and MUST try some of your ideas…I love, love writing and reading…thank you again…God bless.
Why you are so very welcome, Roxanna. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed the summer writing ideas. There are lots of other journal prompts and writing ideas on our site so be sure to check back often!
Author and Creator of Journal Buddies
Comments are closed.